Business Start Up Grants

Ned_ie

Hi all

Does anyone know of any grants avaialble for a start up business. I am trying to find out if there are in any in the cork locality but can't seeem to get any information.

thanks

ring cork county enterprise board.

v few grants cept for those with high growth potentail / international potential.

good luck

thats kinda what i thought but a sis in law of mine got 4,500 to start a business for linguistics. she seems to think she got it from revenue which i think is very unlikely!

thats kinda what i thought but a sis in law of mine got 4,500 to start a business for linguistics. she seems to think she got it from revenue which i think is very unlikely!

I thought grants werent available for professional services firms???

i see that the CEB one does not allow for professional service firms alright. I just want to make sure if i can get a grant or a loan to start up that i do - especially as the banks have closed their doors to small business!

service companies that can be internationally traded or have fast growth potential can receive grants from CEB, just a matter of proving potential.

[broken link removed]

Try this site for available grants across the EU - this site focuses on grants in Ireland. There are grants of up to €7,500 available to fund the cost of employing staff. In some cases this can include the salary of the person actually starting the business too

Anyone got more recent information re any grants available in Cork for a small one person professional services company - Many Thanks

Anyone got more recent information re any grants available in Cork for a small one person professional services company - Many Thanks

There is one venture I know of in a border county which got grants from 5 different funding agencies...it was not a professional services company though.

There are grants available if you are creating jobs, if it can be angled as being tourism or export focused, if its "arts" or whatever, if its in a gaeltacht area, etc. Some grants will just help with something specific like marketing, for example.
[broken link removed]
I'm probably setting up a tourist attraction venture in the west of Ireland and I'm very happy with co-operation and encouragement we've got to date with funding / grant agencies.

Back