Bushy Park Terenure

Status
Not open for further replies.
A geography lesson

terenure crossroads connects to rathfarnham village by rathfarnham road less than half a mile distance - who mentioned ballinteer / knocklyon - you will be saving a tad to trade up from Inchicore methinks......

as for top suburbs - people generally pay for premium products (recent PTSB house price survey - average cost only) - oh dear fourth from top...

Average PricecheckOS() €Postal CodeArea[broken link removed]520,991[broken link removed]Dublin 4[broken link removed]DONNYBROOKSANDYMOUNT427,460Dublin 6RANELAGH RATHGAR409,784Dublin 18CABINTEELY CARRICKMINES380,468Dublin 14RATHFARNHAM 363,005Dublin 3CLONTARF MARINO337,108Dublin 16TEMPLEOGUE TERENURE316,550Dublin 2CITY CENTRE – SOUTH281,800Dublin 9SANTRY BEAUMONT272,017Dublin 13BALDOYLE DONAGHMEADE267,753Dublin 7CABRA PHIBSBORO264,262Dublin 5ARTANE KILLESTER244,309Dublin 8CHRISTCHURCH KILMAINHAM240,205Dublin 12CRUMLIN WALKINSTOWN238,392Dublin 20PALMERSTOWN 222,628Dublin 15CASTLEKNOCK BLANCHARDSTOWN222,439Dublin 1CITY CENTRE – NORTH216,258Dublin 11FINGLAS GLASNEVIN211,678Dublin 24TALLAGHT FIRHOUSE204,090 Dublin 17COOLOCK 194,099Dublin 22CLONDALKIN 172,201Dublin 10BALLYFERMOT

How presumptious of you. We could well afford to buy a house in Rathfarnham but choose to put our equity into a better suburb - at the moment we're looking in Clontarf. Infinitely superior in my opinion.

Wouldn't dream of buying in Rathfarnham. Different strokes for different folks.

Post whatever link you want. Rathfarnham is not in the top 4 suburbs in Dublin. Do yourself a favour and look at Rathfarnham on myhome.ie. There's about 16 pages of property on there, some of it for months on end. 650k would buy you a 4 bed property there - hardly breaking the bank is it?

geography yet again - rathfarnham is not ballinteer, knocklyon or firhouse

BTW as far as presumptious is concerned - you appear to have a knack of annoying other posters - bluesteel05 would not be a fan currently

enjoy clontarf (or is that fairview, dollymount etc etc)

You need a lesson in geography yourself I'm thinking. Fairview is not Clontarf. We're looking in C-l-o-n-t-a-r-f.

We will enjoy it thank you. Great suburb, nice seafront, close to town and no sprawling estates.

I couldn't give a damn what steelblue thinks. One or two posters out of an entire site wouldn't constitute "annoying other posters" in my book. But there you go. When people come on spouting rubbish I'll correct them. Like it or lump it.

BTW as far as presumptious is concerned - you appear to have a knack of annoying other posters - bluesteel05 would not be a fan currently

I'd say just try to ignore JohnMac4 personal angles on things and focus on his points. It will save your sanity.

Read the comments made towards JohnMac4, some of them were plain juvenile, I think such people should stick to Bebo and let others have adult discussions.

done - is there an "ignore the pretentious idiot" button on this site (FOOL UK has one)?

if you go to the User CP link on the top of the site you can add people to your "Ignore" List.

I am humbled by your caustic wit Derryman.

I am in no way pretentious actually. I just don't let people spout ****e like "Rathfarnham is the top suburb in Dublin."

Anyone who spouts that kind of rubbish is pretentious in my view - pretending where they live is far more superior than it is.

Read the comments made towards JohnMac4, some of them were plain juvenile, I think such people should stick to Bebo and let others have adult discussions.

You really think that? I made clear points and didnt resolve to childish remarkds unlike others and yourself.

No you didn't make clear points. You repeated yourself over and over again while not addressing any of the points made to you. Rather like a politician in fact. Then you resorted to saying that you wouldn't like me as a neighbour.

There's no fear of that by the way. I don't intend living in Lucan any time soon.

No you didn't make clear points. You repeated yourself over and over again while not addressing any of the points made to you. Rather like a politician in fact. Then you resorted to saying that you wouldn't like me as a neighbour.

And you didnt resort to "cannot argue a point with your narrow minded attitude and incoherent bleatings" and "scuttle back to Lucan or whatever 'superior suburb' (as if!) you reside in" etc etc.

Just drop it.

That's a bit rich. YOU came over to this thread and resumed your attacks on me. Please don't resort to following me around the site. It's pathetic.

That's a bit rich. YOU came over to this thread and resumed your attacks on me. Please don't resort to following me around the site. It's pathetic.

I came across this thread and someone mentioned by username and I replied it. Trust me you are not that interesting so that someone would want to follow your comments.

I have talked to people who have lived in the Bushy Park apartments. I understand that they aren't that well soundproofed, which for 500-600k you'd kind of expect I would have thought. G.

I agree MarieM. The village is ok but the sprawling estates in Marley and stretching out to Knocklyon are not what I would term part of a "top suburb."

Since when has knocklyon and Marley been part of Rathfarnham...?

If thats the case Kimmage and Crumlin arent particularly nice parts of TERENURE....

Check out Google Earth mate ..helps avoid embarrasing ignorance...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back