Bunq Paying 2.46% Instant Access & No Fees

Hi, I have submitted my ID a number of times to finish setting up but haven't heard anything back. This is nearly 2 weeks now - is this usual?

Best,

Opus2018

Hi, I have submitted my ID a number of times to finish setting up but haven't heard anything back. This is nearly 2 weeks now - is this usual?

Best,

Opus2018
I'm having similar issues with them. applied back around 20th dec. Still waiting on them to finalise review of documentation.

Best,

Opus2018
It shouldn't take that long. It was done inside a day or two for me. But being that it was Christmas/NY they may have had less staff on.

It shouldn't take that long. It was done inside a day or two for me. But being that it was Christmas/NY they may have had less staff on.
Thanks to everyone who got back to me. I re-submitted my ID again yesterday and I’m up and running now. I also got an email from Bunq wondering whether I was hacked as I set up on my phone as opposed to laptop so I guess I’m good to go!

Best,
Opus2018

This virtual credit card that Bunq have provided (me anyway), with a €1k limit (none of which I want or need) - is this potentially liable to a yearly Government €30 fee?

Thanks to everyone who got back to me. I re-submitted my ID again yesterday and I’m up and running now. I also got an email from Bunq wondering whether I was hacked as I set up on my phone as opposed to laptop so I guess I’m good to go!

Best,
Opus2018
funnily enough i got approved yesterday too.

same question as @podgerodge - i didnt request a credit card either, but receive a virtual one. is there government fee due on it (i guess it would only be applicable in jan 25 at this stage)

Is this new "credit" card, not in fact a pre-pay debit card underneath? You have to load it with credit, credit is not extended to you beyond that.

Checked my account this morning and they had added a credit card for me. Neither requested or wanted it. Checked around and there is a "permanently block" function, and as soon as I clicked on this it disappeared. You would think that the CBI would have something to say about credit cards with credit limits (no matter how low) being handed out willy nilly.

Checked my account this morning and they had added a credit card for me. Neither requested or wanted it. Checked around and there is a "permanently block" function, and as soon as I clicked on this it disappeared. You would think that the CBI would have something to say about credit cards with credit limits (no matter how low) being handed out willy nilly.
It is a pre-paid credit card so it doesn't have any credit limit. The money in your account is your limit.

I'm not looking to get into an argument about this, but what appeared was a Credit Card with a Limit of €1,000. There was no mention of pre loading, or debiting my savings account. It was neither requested nor wanted.

I'm not looking to get into an argument about this, but what appeared was a Credit Card with a Limit of €1,000. There was no mention of pre loading, or debiting my savings account. It was neither requested nor wanted.
Yes, I was given a €1k limit too.

Yes, I was given a €1k limit too.
Under Daily Limit? ...but it's a limit you can change to whatever you want by clicking it. That's a limit to stop a bad actor from stripping your account of more than that, the same thing is there in your normal saving account too, so if you want to withdraw more than 1K you have to increase your limit there.
As @Connard said, the limit is in reality what funds you load it with, with a separate daily limit controlled by this setting. You can make that 50K if you want, it seems.

People might do well to read https://www.bunq.com/features/free-credit-card. You are not being extended any credit.

I totally agree that no-one asked for this, but it might be of use to some I suppose.

Under Daily Limit? ...but it's a limit you can change to whatever you want by clicking it. That's a limit to stop a bad actor from stripping your account of more than that, the same thing is there in your normal saving account too, so if you want to withdraw more than 1K you have to increase your limit there.
As @Connard said, the limit is in reality what funds you load it with, with a separate daily limit controlled by this setting. You can make that 50K if you want, it seems.

People might do well to read https://www.bunq.com/features/free-credit-card. You are not being extended any credit.

I totally agree that no-one asked for this, but it might be of use to some I suppose.
Take an age to approve also

Hmm I can't find where it was now for the credit card, but it didn't read like it was the settable withdrawal limit. I can't find it now!

So this 'credit card' is similar to those An Post travel credit cards where you load it with money & spend away as long as the money is still on it!

So this 'credit card' is similar to those An Post travel credit cards where you load it with money & spend away as long as the money is still on it!
Exactly, BUT you can set it up to use with Google/Apple Pay unlike most other cards like that, which might be useful for day to day use in person or online (and means you can use it without the physical card, using your phone instead in any shop that takes contactless).
As myself and @Connard have tried to make clear, it's a pre-pay card you can load with any amount (from your Bunq account). If you want to buy a new 50K kitchen using your Bunq savings, you could load it with that from your savings, up the daily limit in the app, and use the provided CC details.
Not of any real use to me, but there you go.

It would have made more sense if BUNQ explained all this to their customers and asked them if they actually wanted it rather than flinging it at them.

Back