Bulgarian Dreams

slopes

Please advise if any of you know anything or has had any dealings with company Bulgarian dreams?

From what I ahve seen and heard they seem very professional etc..

I am particularly interested in their Bansko developments,ther orchard phase 1 and 2, has anybody bought in these developments?

Any feed back would be greatly appreciate.

Slopes..

Actually interested in that development myself.

There is alot of information on bulgarian dreams at [broken link removed]

Have ye been over there?if not I suggest you do before ye buy any property-would u buy a property in Ireland without seeing it?

No I have not been over there yet,though I ahve some contacts etc who have been there..

However that is not my concern at the moment,I just want to find somone who have..
a) dealt with bulgarian dreams

b)actually purchased int he orchard

to get their feed back...

Once I at least have some positive knowledge of the company and how they deal etc..then I will take the next step!!

No point in going over veiwing etc, and on return fing the company is unreliable etc--dont ya think

cart before the horse and all that,

Thanks for replies though

Slopes

Well I am not just cutting my options to one agent,however Bulgarian dreams seem very good on research I have done so far........compared to others..

In reading other negative mails about the pitfalls of buying abroad,my own take is the following..

Most of us have bought in ireland,yes!! well I am sure there are horror stories of people who got ripped off in one way or another here also,however we still move on and buy buy buy!

Every country has its good and bad stories,a lot of people have done rather well investing abroad..

Lets hear them --PLEASE!

they actually have quite a bad reputation, here's an example taken from a bulgarian forum: (BD is bulgarian dreams)

Does anyone know if it is normal practice in Bulgaria for developers to have a mortgage on the land which they are building on? I was not informed by BD's about the mortgage the developers have on the land which my solicitor drew my attention to. I do not feel confident about purchasing the apartment on this basis and BD's are refusing to give me back my reservation fee . Would welcome hearing from anyone who knows about Bulgarian law and developing on mortgaged land. Thanks Harveye

Would really appreciate it if you kept us all informed on whether you get your deposit back from BD and more importantly HOW.

There are many. many others (myself included) on this forum who have lost deposits to BD followed by their point blank refusal to refund. I am still looking at the legal options (but very slooooowly!) I can pursue.

p.s. I know an Irish developer building in Bansko, pm me if you want details.

You might find something [broken link removed] from previous posts on Bulgaria in particular.

Don't buy property in Bulgaria and especially Bansko as you will never be able to re-sell it. A market based solely upon foreign purchasers and inflated prices. Basic economics will tell you that if the locals cannot afford it you are paying far too much.

Let me ask you a question - who do you think is going to buy your property when you want to sell it ? None of the locals as they can't afford it, none of the Irish people that are buying now and being stung and none of the right minded people that have not yet bought because there is going to be such an absolute flood of third rate apartments in this third rate location.

Please take good advice.

Here's the link where the full text thread of the conversation about bulgarian dreams was:

[broken link removed]

Well my reason for buying is not just for a quick resale,but more for a holiday home that will pay for itself more or less.Bansko is a growing ski resort and there will always be a market mor a budget ski resort....

So it is along those terms I am thinking,along with the fact that would be nice to won a holiday home,to be able to ski and offer a nice summer location also.....

Besides,every ski resort ao most of them are over developed,but they still all seem to do well when it comes to renting out during ski season..

Mark my words - don't buy in Bansko. It is not going to be a lovely ski resport, it is going to be an empty kip! 90% of holiday home purchasers visit once and that is it - with such a mass of apartments in the one location your apartment is hardly going to take preference. Go onto the websites for top resorts in Austria and Switzerland and see how easy it is to get accommodation - your pad will be at the bottom of the pile - don't fool yourself. If you think building apartments makes a resort you will be dissappointed - vast somes of tax money goes into building a ski resort, it is a public infrastructure project, not plonking apartments down in the middle of nowhere.

Yes I have. Being there, as Peter Sellers would say, is only one of the factors that you have to take into consideration. Is it not obvious from all of the bad vibes/feedback on this site that Bulgaria is bad news, even the Bulgarians that I meet are saying the same thing.

!!!!BLOW YOUR MONEY ON SOMETHING WORTHWHILE!!!!

This company featured last night on BBC's Watchdog programme.

It appears they've gone into administration and their website now wishes their customers all the best for the future and thanks them for their understanding at this difficult time.

Difficult for who, one wonders?

There's a link to the Watchdog programme and some articles/blogs on BD here.

Slopes,
I think you should take all the advice offered and stay well clear of both Bansko and Bulgarian Dreams ! I have had a very near miss with BD some time ago with a property in Pamporovo. We got out in time with no loss !! Since then the property concerned have totally changed from the initial plans, ie they have withdrew all the facilities like bar, restaurant etc.. and hence all the tour operators that were promised during the sales pitch have gone running. They don't want the property on their books. Do a search for Bulgarian dreams and Cedar Heights 3, Pamporovo on mybulgaria and see what you think. Even re consider Bansko, a friend of mine has several properties there this 4-5 years and can't get rid of any of them !!
Stay clear of Bulgarian dreams, Bansko and possibily Bulgaria

Last edited:
Here's an article from 3 years ago..so nobody can say they werent warned!
[broken link removed]

Back