Built in Wardrobes

Randy

Hi all,

am looking to have some new built in wardrobes installed, current set up just doesn't work for an expanding family, beyond Sliderobes/Robeplan I haven't a clue where to start looking, has anyone any experience of any of these companies and whether experiences were good bad or indifferent also indication of pricing would be good.

Looking at two double rooms, no interest in looking at Ikea!

Thanks

we used Niall Kennedy who is based in Blessington. he did an excellent job. he's a website, teachmor.ie

Randy there's a few threads about this already, but anyway we went with Robeplan, they did a great job, took a good 5 hours (if memory serves me correctly) and were very neat. We got the semi ones, can't remember the right name but basically we didn't get a back on ours i.e. you can see the wall of the bedroom that they're on. This suited us as a) it was cheaper and b) we can still use the double socket on that well (i use it for my hairdryer which I then keep in the wardrobe). I think they're great, we get all of our clothes into them, and drawers for socks etc. Also there's a bit at the top for storing luggage etc. Ours are mirrored and really look good in the room.

Only things I'd say is I should have got a wider 'long' section (for coats/dresses) it's not big enough and the piping they put at the edge of the wardrobes has come away a bit (we have to keep sticking it back into place). Only small things though - think Sliderobes might be slightly better quality but we were happy with Robeplan for what we needed.

M

We got ours from Skon (skondesign.com) about a year and a half ago. We considered Robeplan as well, I think Skon were a little cheaper for the doors we wanted.

Try Bedroom Elegance in Dorset Street Dublin, I've had them instal built-ins in 2 bedrooms so far and I've been delighted with both their work and their suggestions. I'd recommend you visit their showroom because it's the only way to see all the options available. Absolutely no connection with them but I'm now making a point of recommending anyone who has done a good job for me.

Back