Building regs for flue for WB stove??

mel o

I live in an ordinary semi-d house. We recently finished a single storey flat roof extension to the rear of our house. Our neighbours in the house attached to ours have an extension also so the back wall is flush between the two houses, about 6m away from the 2 storey part of the house. We put in a wood burning stove in the corner of the room with an external flue that extends just over 1m above the height of our roof (our neighbours roof is the same height), and about 1m away from the boundry. Our neighbours have lodged a complaint with DCC Planning saying that we don't have planning permission for the chimney flue, and that they can't open their bedroom window at the rear of the house because of the smoke. An inspector is coming next week to inspect the extension and the flue. I have no worries about the extension, we checked all the regs before we built cos our neighbour has a history of complaints with other neighbours and we wanted to do everything by the book.
We can't find anything online about regulations for flues, would anybody know if we've done something wrong? I'm not going to sleep until this is resolved.

Back