Building near to castle/protected building?

Miner

I'm going through the planning process and now a mobile phone company want to erect a 120ft mast 600m away from me. I know I haven't a hope of successfully objecting on health grounds so I was going to object on heritage grounds.

There's a castle about 550m away from the proposed mast and one other new house in the area had to change their planning application for their house, so as to not impact visually on this castle. What I'm trying to find out is if anybody had their planning changed to take into account sites/buildings of historical interest?

Many thanks in advance.

obviously living in a rural area. apparently if you where living in a town or city, you would expect a phone mast approximately every 200m for each phone company.

if you wanted to object to the mast on heritage grounds, the mast would have to impinge on the views of the castle. (the radio waves obviously won't damage the castle in any other way.)
check the development plan for the area. it may have protected views around the castle on which to base you objection.
Do remember however, there is a mobile phone for every man woman and child in this country. without the masts they won't work. and they do have to be in somebodies back yard, and 600m is quite a distance away from your house.

We're busy going through the county development plan and so far we cant find anything.

I wont comment on the whole mast issue as that's for another board at another time. I'm just wondering did anyone else have to change their house to take cognisance of the fact that there was a castle/protected building nearby.

Back