building house - questions

newlywed

My husband and I are planning on moving from Dublin & building a house on my parents land in co Galway. We have a house in Dublin which we will be selling. My husband is involved in the construction industry and is hoping to project manage the build himself - we'll be building using direct labour. My main question is - is there a way we can incorporate my husbands wages into the mortgage? He is essentially going to be the builder on the build. He is intending to become more involved in building as a result of the move as we also have another site where we're planning on building to sell. He will build this house also. Hopefully once this house is sold we will have littleor no mortgage on our own newly built house. He is considering setting up a business - possibly a sole trader as opposed to a Ltd co.
If anyone has any advice on this we'd really appreciate it as this is all unchartered waters for us.....

My main question is - is there a way we can incorporate my husbands wages into the mortgage?
What exactly do you mean by this?
He is essentially going to be the builder on the build. He is intending to become more involved in building as a result of the move as we also have another site where we're planning on building to sell. He will build this house also. Hopefully once this house is sold we will have littleor no mortgage on our own newly built house. He is considering setting up a business - possibly a sole trader as opposed to a Ltd co.
This seems to be a separate question or set of (career/business related) questions?

In asking if we can incorporate his wages into the mortgage I had anticipated responses saying we'd be mad to incorporate his wages and spread his wage bill out over 30/35 years - I just wanted to clarify that we hope in the medium term to be mortgage clear. Just wanted some feedback from posters to see if incorporating my husbands wages into the cost of the build is an option or not.
Hope this a bit clearer

I still don't know what you mean by "incorporate his wages into the mortgage" - sorry.

essentially instead of paying a builder we'd pay him...He'd set up a company and all would be above board but not sure how we go about finding out if its possible

Back