building delay question

Gary 23

Hi
I have a problem that perhaps somebody can give me advice on.
My girlfriend and i bought a house offplan in may. The house was actually a cancelation and was halfway built. we were told it would be finished by the end of august.
Anyway taking that quotation with a pinch of salt we started to buy furniture and make preparations.
A few weeks ago we were told everything was ready for us to move in and our solicitor was just waiting for a closing appointment.
Now we have been told that a grass verge to the left of the property was not created as stated on the plans sent to the registry office. now we have to wait on the archetect to draw the plans again without the verge, send the plans back to the registry office and wait for the registry office to deal with everything before we can move in.
On top of everything else my girlfriend has been postponing her job for months but has now been told she has to move next week near to the area.
We were wondering if we would be entitled to any compensation regarding this situation or at least the 40 euro bus fare for the hassle.

yours
gary

"We were wondering if we would be entitled to any compensation regarding this situation or at least the 40 euro bus fare for the hassle."

These things happen all the time - so no is the answer. The best advice a
solicitor can give a client when buying a new house is that it will be ready when it is ready.

mf

Back