Builders finish extension cost 2015

kkmaan

Hello folks,
Wondering if you could help me, we are building an extension soon and just looking for rough costs. i do not have plans drawn up yet for tender so if you could help me with a rough idea it would be really appreciated.
The extension will be 2 story with kitchen/diner/utility downstairs with a lean-to sunroom off the kitchen. Upstairs will be a landing area with large bedroom/ensuite/walk in wardrobe.
The original house is a basic square detached 2 story house and the proposed extension will extend to the side of the original house by 8 ft to give the house more bulk when viewed from the front as its a small (1250 sq ft) house.
Extension size:
25ft wide x 17ft deep rising to 2 story.
Sunroom lean-to off of ground floor 15ft x 15ft
Current landing window in original house to be converted to entrance into new upstairs landing where new bedroom will be accessed.
Bedroom to have ensuite and window to rear.
Skylight to be added to new landing as original window will be replaced with access door.
Downstairs utility to have wet room/wc with backdoor to rear and a window.
kitchen to have 5ft x x3ft window and 2 5ft x 2ft windows on their edge with no opes
sunroom to have sliding patio door and 2 rooflights.
original gas boiler to be relocated to new utility.
original electrical panel to be relocated to new utility.

looking for a builders finish wired and plumbed. I could do the rest myself.
Build is very straightforward - large site with access all around.
I am based in kilkenny so dublin prices will not apply.

I have priced an architect to oversee to entire project from drawings,planning,tendering,assigned certifier,final sign off, basically everything to get it done for 6800 euro - is this competitive?

I am hoping to get all the building work done for 60k, is this realistic?

Many thanks in advance for replies

Back