Bugaboo pram

MM3

Hi,

I'm considering buying a bugaboo frog pram - anyone out there care to share their ownership experiences? They are extremely expensive - wondering if they are worth it.

Thanks,

M

HI
This is the information from the Which web site

"Celebrity buggies
The recent crop of celebrity babies has one thing in common: they travel in the Bugaboo Frog.

However, it wasn’t popular with our users. It’s a four-wheeled pushchair that comes with both a carrycot and pushchair seat and is a pricey £500.

Its chassis adjusts for use in town and on rough tracks, snow and sand, and the seat can face forwards or backwards. The Frog is easy to push but our parents found it tricky to fold and, although there was an excellent instruction DVD, our ergonomist rated the user manual as the poorest on test. Handling, especially on kerbs, was awkward, too, and the under-seat bag was small and hard to reach. The Frog is a bit small and the seat might look snug after baby’s second birthday."
Thanks

Hi Jools,

Thats the kind of info I'm looking for - which one did Which give top marks to?

Thanks,

M

Hi MM3,

Just to let you know that in those tests the Jané Powertrack 360 got the highest score. Its about e435... The Mothercare Maxim and Trenton also did well.

we bought a graco which came with a car seat. after a year we bought a maclaren stroller as its much handier for getting into the car / buses etc. i would recommend both as being excellent. one major factor to consider is the quality of the wheels. we were given a present of another buggy, cosatto i think which was promptly chucked out as all the wheels waned to go in different directions. it was not faulty, just a terrible design.

Thanks for all the info folks.

The graco seems very popular - my only concern is the weight of most of the buggys, they all seemed very heavy except for the frog , which is a concern for my wife due to back problems.

I'll have to do more research!

M

Hi MM3
I would suggest you give travel systems a miss altoghether ... they are not worth the expense. Instead spend your money on the best umbrella folding buggy you can get ... something lightweight that reclines is probably best. Buy a good car seat suitable from birth ... not a rock a tot type thing, as when your baby reaches 25lbs you won't be able to lift them.
I wish someone had told me this ... ah well it's too late now. By the way if you think you will be doing a lot of walking I'll recommend the Chicco trekking which has big wheels but umbrella folds.

Back