BTSA- another 'I have a new job' question/

topaz2

I got a letter today saying we would be receiving the BTSA, for the three kids. having just put one through her Junior cert, this is the first I have ever gotten this. My dh is on JSA, with a means tested of 157, receiving 245 a week.
I have just got a new job, part time 20 hrs a week, paying 200 a week gross. I started on Monday, will get paid two weeks wages on 28th June and then monthly from July.
Does this mean I dont qualify anymore for the BTSA, or do I? I cannot find definate info online about it, its gets a little confusing.
If I dont get it I dont get it, but I would hate to get it, and then discover I had to pay it back.
Thanks.

If you received a letter regarding the Back to School Clothing & Footwear Scheme for 2012, it means you received payment in 2011.

There is still a SW payment in the household (which is one of the requirements of the scheme), so you will still qualify if your total income (wages & JSA) is under the income limit (€623.20 for 2 adults and 3 children). Based on the figures in your post, it appears you still qualify so you don't need to do anything.

If you're unsure, contact the office dealing with the scheme by phone at 1890 662244

No I received nothing in 2011. My Husband only got JSA last November.
Thanks for the other info. It seems we may still get it so.

Back