Brown Thomas Sale

I think responsible adults can spend their money as they see fit. I don't think people who buy expensive items are foolish - if they can afford it and they don't put themselves in debt as a consequence.

What is good value? It is subjective.

Marion

NorfBank said:
Maybe you can also explain how they can afford to make jeans so cheaply.
Words like sweat and shop spring to mind..
Of course we know that all the BT clothes are made by well paid nuns just doing it to relieve the boredom of the nunery

Agreed Marion.
Some people are afraid to spend even though they can well afford to.
Remember "there's no pockets in coffins".

NorfBank said:
Agreed, GAP is also a store I would not set foot in a la Pennys.
Jimmy Choo, Jimmy Shmoo..have you seen the shoes they do in Pennys at a fraction of the price??

Think I'd rather comfort, style and long lasting Jimmy Choo's to uncomfortable, ugly, quick wearing penneys shoes!

NorfBank said:
Agreed Marion.
Some people are afraid to spend even though they can well afford to.
Remember "there's no pockets in coffins".
Just because you have more money than others does not entitle you to more of the worlds resources.
I do not mind spending money but I resent being ripped off by someone who thinks that they can charge me 10 times more just because they stuck a fancy lable on it.
That said, I do feel that some brands are better than others but not the ones mentioned.
Then I would not know. In spite of my situation in life I have never had a Louise Vitton bag or shoes and never want to.

woods said:
I resent being ripped off by someone who thinks that they can charge me 10 times more just because they stuck a fancy lable on it.

Then I would not know. In spite of my situation in life I have never had a Louise Vitton bag or shoes and never want to.
Always read the label carefully. Selling a Louise Vitton bag as a Louis Vuitton is definitely a rip off!

I was disapointed this year in BT's sale as usually you can get some good quality bedlinen at great deals but this year even though they have 50% off most bedlinen they are all very generic styles and all cream/white that I can get anywhere else.

I love shoes but didn't venture to their shoe sale as a local shoe shop has fantastic bargains on italian shoes at 75% off so purchased there instead.

After thinking about Jimmy Choos I went there at lunch time. Found two pairs I wanted but they didn't have my size in either and they were reduced to €147.50 too. Now I'm upset :(

After thinking about Jimmy Choos I went there at lunch time. Found two pairs I wanted but they didn't have my size in either and they were reduced to €147.50 too. Now I'm upset

That is what I hate about sales after finding the bargain to find they don't have your size ARGH!

Well they had my usual size (5) so I was very happy at first, but I always need a smaller designer size. Tried on the 4.5 and it was still too big and the 3.5 was too small. I really wanted them too!

Cahir said:
Well they had my usual size (5) so I was very happy at first, but I always need a smaller designer size. Tried on the 4.5 and it was still too big and the 3.5 was too small. I really wanted them too!
Fascinating stuff. Shooting the Breeze beckons methinks...

Cahir said:

Fantastic! I'm heading down now to have a look

Was in there on Saturday. Got the most beautiful Moschino top for €150 reduced from €750. Last one and my size, so obviously the shopping Gods meant it for me.
Also got a beautiful DKNY bag for half price (and €117 for a large leather bag is good value no matter what the brand)

My sister worked there for years, what they do is take all the good stock into the stockroom and put out the stuff that they want to get rid off,

dodo said:
My sister worked there for years, what they do is take all the good stock into the stockroom and put out the stuff that they want to get rid off,

Most stores do this, its common practice.

Marion said:
I think responsible adults can spend their money as they see fit. I don't think people who buy expensive items are foolish - if they can afford it and they don't put themselves in debt as a consequence.

What is good value? It is subjective.

Marion

Well said Marion. There was a similiar thread sometime back where a girl posted about returning a pair of jeans to BTs and what were her options, as well as some informative replies there was also a lot of "fools and their money" type replies. People are entitled to ask questions about luxury goods and buy luxury goods should they wish. I dont understand why people have to post non helpful responses like pennys jeans, louis vuitton, fools-and-their-money. I dont own a car to me its a luxury item, I would never buy a football ticket to watch the bohemians play but I dont call those that do buy cars, bohemian tickets fools. I do like BTs, I dont like louis vuitton but I dont think someone who buys LV is a fool. These posts are unconstructive, irrelevant and off topic.

Back