broadband in rural ireland?

raglan

Hi

Live 5 miles to nearest town in county Monaghan. Would like to know if anyone in rural areas have access to broadband signal? What company are you with and what are the costs?There is an O2 mast near but apparently its not got the broadband signal on it. Has anyone got satellite broadband and how much does this cost?

Hiya,
Used to be with CrossCountry Broadband and it was about 30 euro per month for 256 kbps on a satellite link. Way better than the 14.4 on dial up.Good service from them. Have since switched to a line of site system , think it is MMDS , provider is Ice Broadband, switched 'cos the speed is faster. Have you considered a 3G card?

Hi, Im presently living at the top of a hill in wexford ,surrounded by a forest and up a very secluded lane.
I got 3 mobile broadband,cost 99 e for the modem( offer on their site at the moment for a free dvd player when purchasing modem ).
It works exactly like a mobile phone top up.I got a 25e top up and that gives me 30 days online/.have had no problems at all connecting and I think the amount you can download is 10gb or mb.any way its loads.

Back