Bring back "Programme managers"

A

ajapale

Bring back "Programme managers"

[broken link removed]

Programme managers were invented by the Labour Party in 1993 when it went into government with Fianna Fáil. Their job was to drive forward political goals at the highest level of each department.

But they were resented by many TDs who saw them as unelected, overpaid obstacles to accessing ministers. Old hands in Leinster House even complained that the newcomers were "hogging the tables" in the self-service restaurant.

The press picked up on this feeling, and before long the words "programme manager" were almost always accompanied by "arrogant, mobile-phone toting", and usually by "Labour".

If Labour have any influence in the next government I suggest they could do a lot worse that to reinstate the much maligned "Programme manager". In the last Labour coalition Labour were apologetic alomost grovelling about theire use almost from the outside.

Say it once, Say it loud, Im a (labour) programme manager and Im proud!

Ajapale

motto is a suggestion only it does not reflect my personal party-political views

Haven’t we got enough Bureaucratic and unaccountable goombeens already? Take a look at Brussels and the Seanad. Why you would want more is beyond me?

Oh and now should we pay for all this? Oh I see the taxpayer.

"motto is a suggestion only it does not reflect my personal party-political views"
The value of your investment may go up as well as down. Past performance is not an indication of future potential. Your home is at risk if you do not keep up repayments. Read the label carefully, look before you leap .. ..Where will it end?

Back