Brendan O'Connor

censuspro

What did this man achieve to be given such an audience. I cant believe he writes for the sindo (front page)

The last I remember of him was when he was dressed up as a monk singing "This post will be deleted if not edited immediately in th House", which I've no problem with. But how did he go from that to mainstream Irish journalism.

Does anyone still read the Sindo?

I gave up years ago, I prefer news to personal opinions.

An embarrassment to The Republic!

According to this, he was voted the worst Irish journalist in 2007....... [broken link removed])

[broken link removed]

Lex, unfortunately according to Wikithingy, "Wikipedia does not have an article with this exact name", which could mean 1 or more things :-

• Wikithingy has an no article with that title (probable)
  • Wikithingy has an article with that title but doesn't know (likely)
  • Wikithingy doesn't know who yer man is (very likely)
  • Wikithingy doesn't know who yer man is and doesn't care (extremely likely)
  • Wikithingy doesn't know who yer man is, doesn't care, but objects to the use of that name and the profession "journalist" in the same set of search criteria (deffo)
Do you want to pen the article and submit it to the Wikithingy "veracity examinations" for scrutiny? I'll help and turn my sarcasm avoidance switch to 11.

That's strange. I clicked on the link myself and encountered your problem. To access it, simply google brendan o connor bio and you'll get it.

That just worked for me. He doesn't appear to be the most popular guy in the world, according to it.....

I sat beside him in Grafton barbers and he just talked absolute rubbish so loud your man selling wrapping pay-puh in henry St heard him

Hes the new Gerry Ryan. Obnoxious , unpopular yet big headed and overpaid. It seems as the fella said there is no such thing as bad publicity.

I may be wrong here, but no disrespect to BO'C but I think I was once told by a guy in a pub...near to RTE that all you need to really get your own show is to appear on the "Panel" for a year or 2, really its true. Now I m not sure if you have to pay for the show yourself.....

He's a complete hypocrite. I remember him lecturing the public service once and telling us we were greedy wasters totally sheltered from the reality of 'all of us out here in the private sector' losing pay, living in fear of losing 'our' jobs etc. Meanwhile, in another area of the same paper his wife was wittering on about her new SUV and how handy is was for getting the baby in and out of. I stopped buying the Sindo around then and just read Gene Kerrigan on line now. The rest of it's just Brendan having a bash at the Public Sector, a load of airheads giving us deep and meaningful views on life (their own life usually) and Barry Egan reporting breathlessly on the activities of 'celebrities' such as Morah Ryan and Gerard Keane.

Lex, unfortunately according to Wikithingy, "Wikipedia does not have an article with this exact name", which could mean 1 or more things :-

Just means that the link left out the end bracket, God bless the "Did you mean" function.

And Wikithingy is correct. [broken link removed]

The website ain't great, but they seem to get a lot of hits and a lot of coverage

Back