Brake pads Audi A6

wjc

Got car serviced at dealer the other day. Told me I would have to bring it back as brake pads worn. Quoted me 320 euros for front and rear pads including labour. Think this is expensive! any reliable site you could buy similar pads online. I could get mechanic down road to put them in.

Last edited:
Front pads €45 / 55
Rear pads €15 / 20
These prices are for Pagid / Ferodo or similar who make the pads for VW and are available over the counter in any decent motor factors.

€65 / 75 max for pads (inc VAT) and an hours labour at most in your local mechanics, another €65 / €75.

Beware, got a set of these pads fitted to merc and they drove me mad after a short time, squealing when I braked. Would hear it mainly in slow moving traffic in town etc everytime I braked. Got the main dealer to replace them with the genuine pads and have great peace. I will only fit genuine in future.

Beware, got a set of these pads fitted to merc and they drove me mad after a short time, squealing when I braked. Would hear it mainly in slow moving traffic in town etc everytime I braked. Got the main dealer to replace them with the genuine pads and have great peace. I will only fit genuine in future.
most spurious brake pad manufacturers supply the likes of mercedes ausi etc with pads, there is usually no difference. your first mechanic probable either didnt fit the pads right or forgot to apply copper grease at the back of the pad in the caliper housing

They're having a laugh.

I paid c. €45+VAT for front pads and about €20+VAT for the rear, for an A4 which would be similar - Delphi Lockheed I think. Bear in mind there's two types of pad, depending on where the connectors for the sensors are (the factors charged me for one set but gave me a set of each type and asked me to drop the pair I didn't need back!). €15 a wheel to fit with other work done.

Weirdly I found the discs were about the same price at the Audi dealer and the motor factors. As there are many slightly different types of disc I got the right ones from the dealer with the chassis number.

If you're anywhere near Waterford/S.Kilkenny I can give you the number of a great VW/Audi guy.

SSE

Audi / VW guy

Hi,
can you send me on details of this guy. Based in Waterford and need some work done on an A6.

Cheers

Check yourself first, just look through the wheels. When I had a service, the Toyota dealer told me that my back pads were worn and wanted €165 to replace, when I checked they were only 50% worn

Back