Bracken park ,castleknock

meathman2014

Just wondering if anyone has a view on Bracken Park, Castleknock. It is a new fill in development of 4 & 5 bed semi ds, just after you drive under the M50 between castleknock village and carpenterstown. The houses have a high BER rating, and use new technologies like heat recovery ventilation (which I don't understand). Its high density, with 2 car spaces per house.
Thanks in advance for any help; Cheapest are €595K for 1550 sq foot 4 bed semi, so would like to suss things out fully before spending this kind of money!

hi meathman,

I live around there, but I'm not exactly sure where you are talking about (google maps doesnt help). Is it the new builds near the flyover of the m50, near castleknock train station??

They are on the Carpenterstown Road, just beside the mature College Gate development, on a site where two old houses were demolished. They'd be closer to Coolmine train station. We are looking at them too Meathman. We live in the area already and like it, we'd just like a bit more space if we can manage it. The high density is an issue, but I am more concerned about the mixed nature of the development. From what I can see, a number of the larger five bed houses haven't yet sold (they are still unoccupied, even though they were in the first phase) and there are apartments currently under construction. Also a bit worried about the proximity to the M50, re noise and air pollution. But they are lovely houses, well designed and spacious. We're humming and hawing still.

Yes Rossie that is the development I am talking about. Been up there a few times. Same observations as yourself. Lovely ultramodern housesfinished to a very high standard trying to convince myself that the m50 noise is a minor issue. Funny how a number of the Large 5 beds out the front are unoccupied.They are a bit removed from public transport 10 mins to bus and 17-18 mins to train at coolmine. Also interested in fairhaven 4 beds at phoenix park garden centre(will probably be too dear though) and also houses that are being built beside st Patrick's school,no timescale on these though.

I had a look at this development when the showhouses first opened. The houses themselves are lovely, but I'm not mad about the location, especially the view of the M50 and the overhead gantries from one of the houses I was in. I'd imagine that the road is very busy in the mornings if you're heading towards Castleknock. It's also a fair old walk to the shops etc at Carpenterstown and to Coolmine.

I'm more interested in the Fairhaven houses. It's now almost a year since they were originally meant to launch, I wonder what the delay was? Waiting for the market to rise, which it certainly has?

Yes Fairhaven looks interesting. Out beyond the traffic jam, in castleknock proper but houses are smaller than bracken park (1340 sq foot v 1550sq foot) and likely to be dearer? Reckon 4 beds will be at least 600K

I'd say Fairhaven will be a lot dearer.

Bracken Park is a desirable location, though I think I'd prefer to spend that money on something bigger further out. I suppose I think its pricey, but then so it everything in the immediate location. You can walk through college gate to get to Castleknock. So thats closer than you might think. On a bike it would be no distance.

Back