Boutique hotels in Madrid

I've stayed in [broken link removed] and found it to be very stylish. Wooden floors in rooms, marble bathrooms etc. It might be a bit big to be considered 'boutique', but it's definitely nice. Only downside is the traffic noise from the main road - ask for a room away from the traffic.

Madrid is quite large, so you might need to make sure you have a hotel close to your destination, though the subway makes it quite easy to get around.

Nice area around that hotel. Had a good walk around there when we visited the Bernabéu Stadium. However could be very busy there when Beck's is playing at home! Last time I was in Madrid I was billeted in Hotel Wellington which was, let me say, very nice!!! I wasn't paying tho' :D

hansov said:
Last time I was in Madrid I was billeted in Hotel Wellington which was, let me say, very nice!!! I wasn't paying tho' :D
This makes it look like I'm an expert on every hotel in Madrid, but funnily enough, I've stayed in the Wellington too. It was fairly plush all right, but in a very traditional Jurys/Berkely Court style, so I wouldn't think of it as 'boutique'. As it happens, I was paying the bill for the Wellington myself, but I got a great deal (inclusive of breakfast & taxes, which can sometimes sneak onto your bill at checkout) though www.hotelclub.net.

Sorry - didn't mean to suggest that the Welli was a boutique hotel, just suggesting the niceness of it! Come to think of it they did try to charge me for an extra breakfast per day (as mrs h was with me). My deal was for the two breakfasts included. Funny how my spanish all of a sudden improved :D

Back