Botanic Road, by National Botanic Gardens

rob30

I have spotted a nice house at a decent price, opposite the botanic gardens.

2 problems I could foresee are 1) parking issues due to people visiting the gardens and 2) noise at night from the addison lodge hotel ( both cars parking and also the smoking area.

Can anyone shed some light on these concerns? Is it an issue?

Thanks.

I can't speak for Addison Lodge being an issue with any degree of certainty. I have only been inside it a few times, but the clientele there seemed fairly sedate when I was in it.

I definitely don't think that being so close to the Botanic Gardens will be a problem. It has a large car park of its own, that is off a side street just past the main gates. It is well sign posted, so I can't see people parking on the street thinking that that is the only parking option. I have been in the Gardens in the height of summer when crowds are at their peak, and have never had a problem finding a spot in the car park.

.. so I can't see people parking on the street thinking that that is the only parking option. I have been in the Gardens in the height of summer when crowds are at their peak, and have never had a problem finding a spot in the car park.

I've been in the Gardens on busy days, and the footpaths outside are packed with cars - presumably people looking to park for free. The Gardens car park has a charge and I've been there when it's full.

I visit the botanic gardens occasionally and on a good day the car park can easily be full on a Sunday (prob Sat also?).
I would guess you may need to be willing to park a few mins from the house on occasion.

Where I am renting now is utter chaos due to Croke park, so for sanity sake, I may think again!

Back