boss giving other p/t workers up to 30 hours a week more than me

wrecked

hi.
i am employed part time by a fast food outlet. it states on my contract that my minimum hours are 4 per week however all the other part time staff are getting up to 47 hours while i'm on 14.there are other issues going on in this franchise with the manager and staff and i feel quite victimised but the allocation of hours to me seems grossly unfair.can they do this? thank you.

This is what is called being "managed out" of a business. It's clear the manager/owner wants you to leave for whatever reason they have.

Sorry I have no advice on what you can do but if you haven't already considered what they are probably trying to achieve by giving you less hours then it's better you consider it.

There might be more to this than meets the eye. Could your shortage of hours be because of race, sexual orientation, sex, age, trade union membership? Have you a gut feeling Wrecked?

There might be more to this than meets the eye. Could your shortage of hours be because of race, sexual orientation, sex, age, trade union membership? Have you a gut feeling Wrecked?
... or maybe the other people there are better than the OP at the job. There's lots of reasons, many within the control of the employee. If they go to their boss and ask them for their opinion how they can improve as an employee it might show a positive attitude instead of looking for ulterior motives.

... or maybe the other people there are better than the OP at the job. There's lots of reasons, many within the control of the employee. If they go to their boss and ask them for their opinion how they can improve as an employee it might show a positive attitude instead of looking for ulterior motives.

Not fair, Purple, I'm surprised at you. You're bringing in a guilty verdict with no evidence. Let's hear from Wrecked again before any sentence is passed.

Not fair, Purple, I'm surprised at you. You're bringing in a guilty verdict with no evidence. Let's hear from Wrecked again before any sentence is passed.
I'm drawing no conclusions, simply suggesting that there are other possibilities than malice from the boss.

Back