Bord Gais calls

ccraig

Hi
Has anyone been getting sales calls from bord gais asking for 99 euro boiler check or 131 for something or other. I think they mentioned that it would include unlimited call outs for boiler problems.

The calls look a little suspect and they always seem reluctant to email anything so i imagine its a third party company.

Doesnt seem right, when asked he alludes that he is from bord gais but sounds dicey

Yeah - we got one of these before Christmas. I answered and declined however the better half got another call a few days later, unaware that I declined the offer. She accepted the offer and organised the call for the following week or so. It happened to a day I was off from work so we took the chance and see what would happen. Guy arrived on time, had full proper ID - he was a contract boiler guy, had all our details incl our make & model of boiler, all details of previous service calls. He done the service (approx 30mins), gave us a report, said all was fine with the boiler. I signed one of these handheld pads and he said the bill would follow in due course. Gave us warranty for the service as well. Two things though:
1. We are currently not BG customers.
2. Still waiting for the bill.
Boiler working fine.

Back