Booking with Airbnb

cph

Grateful for views / recent experience of booking an apartment with Airbnb

Hi cph,

I booked an apartment with AirBnB recently in Manhattan and was very pleased with the whole process, from selecting potential apartments right through to leaving reviews. With the emergence of 'sharing' businesses (AirBnB, Uber, Tryp etc) I think the reviews are key so my only advice is to look for accommodation that has a lot of reviews, including recent reviews and focus on visitors who are looking for something similar to yourself....you can sometimes get a feel for this from the reviews.

The apartment was about the same price as a mid-level hotel in Manhattan so there wasn't any financial saving but it was a penthouse with 360 degree views and much more room with the comforts of home available....all in all much better value.

Good luck.

I've used Airbnb on 3 occasions for booking apartments in Berlin and it worked out each time - good value. As Galwegian has written - pick some place that has a long history of renting and that's garnered several positive reviews.

Just back from my 2nd Airbnb holiday, I was in Madrid. The booking process was very smooth. The apartment I booked was exactly as described and pictured, there were no surprises, and the owner was there to greet me on the first and last days.

As a single traveller, I can make considerable financial savings by using Airbnb (a couple of years ago, I stayed in Boston for 1 week for just over €500 - I couldn't get a decent hotel room for that).

As galwegian44 said, read the reviews carefully - it's not quite as bad as tripadvisor, where people grumble about the slightest thing, so you will get a feel for what's right and what's not with any prospective property.

I'd be happy to use them again.

Many thanks for your very helpful replies - gives me confidence to go ahead with my booking in Nice

Note that payment will go out to airbnb as soon as you make a booking, which could be an issue if you are booking well in advance of travel.

I was recently looking at accommodation in Nice and my brother recommended Air BnB which he has used several times and has been happy every time. I did find a lovely accommodation but was working out expensive enough with €80 additional Air BnB fee. So I googled the address and found it also available directly from the owners so saved my €80 fee. :)

Just booked for Galway races, city centre apartment for way less than any hotel/bnb is charging. My first airbnb booking so hopefully it goes well

Back