Booking deposit.... advice needed please

udnewhouse

Hi All,

We were going to buy a site and build but after much fluffing around by the site owner we decided to walk away and last weekend just fell inlove with a house. We agreed a price on monday morning and all is brill except. We but all our money in a 30day deposit account when the site sale didn't happen 18/12/07.... now were a bit stuck for larger cash so I said to the selling agent we would have it this Monday comming as we have 6k in the credit union and they said they would loan us €10k off that as the booking deposit....now we have just been told that we both have to sign the loan in the credit union to draw it down and my hubby is going away tomorrow on business till a friday evening flight back into dublin we live in Munster...

I'm so affraid that we'll lose the house as there has been two other asking price offers put in this week ( it's only up a week last weekend) I don't want it to look as if were acting the maggot.... any advice on what to say or how to handle this .

Thanks

Unless I'm missing something, the property market isn't hot anymore. Ask your solicitor to write to the vendor explaining the situation and that all will be done by a certain date. There really isn't much more you can do.

I thought you could still get your money out of a 30 day notice account if you needed it, depending on who it's with. You'd just lose interest from the last date the interest was awarded to the day you take it out. Now I could be wrong. If the estate agent and the seller know you are serious buyers they will wait a week for the deposit. Even if you had a couple of hundred quid to bring in to the estate agent, I'd say that'd do till you get the whole booking deposit together.

Back