Bookeeping services Dublin?

amgd28

Hi
I set up a limited company in 2006, and up until recently I had little trouble keeping on top of cashflow accounts and everything.
However we are now really busy and have a team of 20 people (4 here, 16 offshore), and I'm being pulled all over the place.
In particular as we are selling to a conservative sector (health), the sales cycle is extremely long, and tough, so I am spending a lot of time at the moment:
  • travelling to sales calls and demonstrations
  • refining our marketing collateral
  • watching cahsflow and spending
  • Meeting with investors
  • Working on long term finance arrangement with bank
  • Liaising with key players in the industry
  • Working with Enterprise Ireland on UK entry strategy

.......to such an extent, I am not documenting my accounts. I can track everything down electronically and by paper, but the effort required is significant and I am concerned that I'll make (another) mistake iwth a VAT return and needlessly bring the compnay into bother with the revenue.

I have an accountant, but I am not comfortable using him for bookeeping services as he is not the most proactive (more anon). What I want is a bookeeper to come on board a few hours a week to do up my books so I don't need to worry too much about things, and can hand the books over at regular intervals to the accountant (current or future).

Can anyone advise of how to get someone like this? Currently based in Dublin 8, after a recent move of offices (which hasn't helped either!)

Not entirely on the topic but does your business incur much expense in the uk at the moment?

Nope - but we do plan some expense in setting up a reference site this year, but the costs will be incurred mainly with our own staff, flying there and back

Post an adv in your local paper. I know one in Newbridge and in Carlow but I presume that is too far for you.

There are plenty out there and you should be successful in finding a decent one.

try using an agency or you could pay to have a look at the www.monster.ie database. We use it an find a lot of people on it looking for part time work

pm me and i can give you details of a book keeper that we use. very fast and efficient and hse is only €25 an hour. i dont want to post her details in this website!!

Back