Booked 2 return flights to NYC but hotels are going to cost a fortune!

RightBanker

Well we did this last year and it was fine but this year the price of hotels is much higher. Now we’re considering should we go ahead with the NYC trip or switch the flights to somewhere in the Med. I know we should have confirmed the hotel prices first but that’s another story.

I’m using Priceline to try and get the best hotel deal. Current bid is at 230 dollars a night for 3 star or better for 5 nights in Manhattan. I’m having no success. The least this is going to cost is around 2 grand euros. (Hotel incl taxes at least is 920 Euro plus the return flights 1040 euro)

So I was saying to herself that we could have had 2 sun holidays for the same money. Now we’re considering if that really is a runner. We were thinking would it be possible to exchange those 2 return flights to NYC (2 by 520 euro) for 4 return flights to say Malaga (4 x 240 euro). Guy at Aer Lingus reservations explained that you cannot use the surplus fare to buy other tickets but maybe there is a way around this.

So it would be great if someone were able to help
1. Is there a way to exchange those NYC flight tickets without losing half their value?
2. Has anyone booked a reasonably priced hotel in NYC for late September

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks

Have had a look at hotels in almost all areas of Manhattan and the lowst average price is about 350 regardless of the star rating. Priceline can sometimes get a better deal but maybe not this time. September is a popular time for visits to NYC.

Thanks Shesells.

Yes had a look there and the cheapest was 360 with many at 450 a night. Pretty expensive.
Dates are check in 20th Sept and check out 25th Sept

We were thinking would it be possible to exchange those 2 return flights to NYC (2 by 520 euro) for 4 return flights to say Malaga (4 x 240 euro). Guy at Aer Lingus reservations explained that you cannot use the surplus fare to buy other tickets but maybe there is a way around this.

So it would be great if someone were able to help
1. Is there a way to exchange those NYC flight tickets without losing half their value?

Presumably not if AL have already told you that this is not possible?

This hotel on the Upper West Side is relatively basic but recently renovated:
[broken link removed]

We found that better prices were available through third-party websites when booking, but their standard double ensuite is $120 per night rack rate, when booking directly.

Thanks a mill Budapest.

Had a look there and the prices are much more reasonable. 670 dollars which is about 450 euros for the 5 nights.

Appreciate the reply.

Try posting on the NYC forum on tripadvisor, if there are deals to be had they will tell you. Also keep an eye on the specials on .

One final thing, if you are considering an apartment, avoid www.woogo.com - so many awful experiences posted all over the net.

Back