BoI Cut Current Account Interest to Zero

I actually tried that when this was introduced and it did not work. I was still charged fees at the end of the quarter.

Now I am transferring to other accounts (non BOI) and credit cards.

If you also lodged at least €3,000 over the course of the fee quarter you should make a formal complaint.

I actually tried that when this was introduced and it did not work. I was still charged fees at the end of the quarter.
Are you sure that something else didn't happen like going overdrawn, incurring charges not waived by these rules etc.? Did you complain?

Now I am transferring to other accounts (non BOI) and credit cards.

Did you do the transactions all on the same day and did you meet the other condition of having €3000 per quarter coming in to the a/c?

Also as mentioned earlier the fee quarters don't run from the first of a month and the 9 transfers would've had to come out of the c/a as that's the one that attracts the fees?

This method does actually work.

Current account has never been overdrawn and €3000 + was lodged. Transfers were definitely in the given quarter. I normally transfer weekly from my current account to the savings account(online), with varying amounts. So perhaps they were'nt done all in the one day. I would have processed about 20 transfer transactions though (few different BOI savings accounts).

I'll check into it further and report back here.

Last edited:
Current account has never been overdrawn and €3000 + was lodged. Transfers were definitely in the given quarter. I normally transfer weekly from my current account to the savings account(online), with varying amounts. So perhaps they were'nt done all in the one day. I would have processed about 20 transfer transactions though (few different BOI savings accounts).

I'll check into it further and report back here.

Doing them all on the same day doesn't actually make any difference to it what I meant was perhaps you had missed the start/cut off dates of the fee period if sending them all at different times.

I would definitely make a complaint though.

I just got 1 cent in Interest. Should I ring them and offer it back?

Last edited:
Back