BOI Bonus Saver - max monthly contribution?

cool_cat

Hi there,

I am considerting a Bonus Saver Account from BOI. I had my SSIA with them, so according to their T&Cs it looks like I should be able to save 1,000 a month, rather than 500 for people who didn't have their SSIA with BOI, is that correct?

According to what I have read in Eddie Hobbs new magazine, joint accounts have double the contributions limits - does that mean we could save 2,000 per month? (My wife's SSIA was not with BOI)

Thanks...

Yes, we have a joint account and are saving € 2,000 per month. Also didn't have an SSIA - was living abroad at the time.

Accounts opened circa Feb 10th have different limits.
From that date , the maximum amount for people without BOI accounts is €500.
The maxium amount for people with BOI SSIA's is still €1000
ETA: previous to that date, the maximum amount was €1000 regardless of whether you had a BOI SSIA or not.

One more thing - it looks like this [broken link removed] does not require a direct debit to be set up, is that correct? That way I could just lodge money once a month via transfer from my Rabo account?

Thanks!

Currently is it 6.5% on the 1000 for that month then this 1000 goes into the 4% interest rate account and so on for the remainder on installments. At least thats what the BOI guy told me. Anyone confirm??

Don't understand what you mean ''then this 1000 goes into the 4% interest rate account and so on for the remainder on instalments.'' Once you open a bonus saver account with BOI every monthly payment of 1000 is @ 6.5%. You have me puzzled with ''the 4% interest.''

If you switch your BOI SSIA to the bonus saver, 4% is appplied to that balance for 3 months and then it is ECB
New savings ( the monthly amount) are guarenteed ECB + 2.75% ( currently 6,5%) for 18 months

For the bank of ireland website
[broken link removed]
A fixed rate of 4.00% (E.A.R.4.00%) is applied on your matured SSIA balance for the first three months, thereafter from months 4-18 you will receive the European Central Bank (ECB) rate. If you continue to save, the rate you will receive on any new savings (subject to limits) for the first 18 months will be the ECB rate plus 2.75%. This is currently a rate of 6.5% (E.A.R. 6.5%). All interest is subject to DIRT.

Just called in to my BOI branch - I was told that the only way to save was through direct debit? I was under the impression that you could lodge money on a monthly basis from another account - can anyone comment on this?

Thanks!

Why not just go with Anglo Irish Bank? Their rate (7%) seems better and you don't have to set up any DD. Not sure how the other terms & conditions compare (particularly any ECB based rate guarantees and limits on contributions/withdrawals etc.).

I heard the BOI ad on RTE radio this morning and their wording very confusing. One could get the impression the lump sum is at 6.5%. Would like to get text of the ad - hopefully will hear it again over coming days.

Just called in to my BOI branch - I was told that the only way to save was through direct debit? I was under the impression that you could lodge money on a monthly basis from another account - can anyone comment on this?

Thanks!

Was advised same thing. Was told I would have to put a request in writing to them every month for the amount to be transferred and then lodged.

My BOI regular saver amount is transferred each month from my AIB current account, no problem

Back