BOI Bank Account - Charges and Fees

'It has come up particularly in the last few weeks but we do find that some people can be slow to move with regards to starting afresh elsewhere'

so they're banking on (pardon the pun) people blowing off steam & then not actually doing anything about it!

Its called customer inertia.

I also have a BOI demand savings account which i have always had my salary paid into and I can do transfers with this account on 365 - pay bills, transfer money out to other bank's etc., lodge cheques all for FREE. I bet the staff in the bank didn't point this out to you.

Standing orders and direct debits must be from a current account.

I must admit I've finally given up on Ulster Bank for now but EBS is worth checking out.

BOI now charge you for all 365online transactions as well. I was on the phone to them this afternoon and couldn't believe it when they told me that that i am charged for moving money from one of my accounts to another online.

TRS30 - 365 online transactions are FREE using a BOI demand account. You are correct regarding a BOI current account unless you keep a minimum balance of €3,000 throughout the full fee quarter.

Last edited:
TRS30 - 365 online transactions are FREE using a BOI demand account. You are correct regarding a BOI current account unless you keep a minimum balance of €3,000 throughout the full fee quarter.

What is the differnce between a demand and a current account?

@TRS30 Don't only complain! Switch.

Ciaran I will unless BOI offer me the same T&C's that say PTSB are offering.

It's unlikley they will so looks like I'll be on to PTSB and will ask about their new online account.

What is the differnce between a demand and a current account?
Demand is an instant access saving account, almost zero interest. Standard ATM card (not visa debit) that you can only use at BOI ATM.....no fees.

Current account offers above except with zero interest, visa debit ATM card usable at any ATM, direct debits, standing order support etc....has fees.

Ciaran I will unless BOI offer me the same T&C's that say PTSB are offering.
They wont. Switch now.

Demand is an instant access saving account, almost zero interest. Standard ATM card (not visa debit) that you can only use at BOI ATM.....no fees.

Current account offers above except with zero interest, visa debit ATM card usable at any ATM, direct debits, standing order support etc....has fees.

They wont. Switch now.

Thanks.

I agree however will give them the change and then switch if they don't.

Back