BOI 10 year fixed

mouse1

Thinking of switching from EBS variable to BOI 3.5% 10 year fixed with 3% cashback? Is this a good deal?

Thinking of switching from EBS variable to BOI 3.5% 10 year fixed with 3% cashback? Is this a good deal?
How long is left on your Mortgage I would fixed Mortgage at 3 % I fixed for 10 years in the past best thing I ever did allowed Me to plan long term for pension in retirement,

How much is balance, and what's your LTV?
If you've a low LTV, the KBC rate works out better.

I have 180,000 left on the mortgage over 18 years, property worth 320,000. Currently on 3.5% I think with EBS.

You're under 60% LTV, so you'd get 3.05% fixed with KBC. It requires you having a current account with them though (other wise rate is 3.25%).

They will pay 3k to switchers.

Of the 2, overall the KBC rate is better option for you.

Yes and no, because KBC do not recognise sterling as income and my wife works in NI. BOI do recognise sterling wages and it's a joint mortgage.

Ah, I missed the sterling mention in your first post. :)

At your LTV you qualify for 3.3% rate with BoI which narrows the gap.

Is BoI rate good value? Not if you can qualify for the KBC rate. But otherwise it's the best long term rate available.

There are a few other options.

First, I assume you've checked with KBC if they would lend on the strength of your income alone?

BoI, AIB and Ulster are the easiest to deal with GBP income.

In terms of 'value', UB 4 year rate at 2.6% is pretty good, and you'd get cash back to cover legal costs. (I'm equating value with margin over interbank rates).

So it's a question of your risk appetite, and how long you want to fix for.

Back