Boards.ie working?

"Might be worth trying a different browser."

No Father D, dont think so.

I frequent many sites running vBB. Boards.ie is the only one with this issue.

It is to do with the way that they have chosen to configure certain options

I just dont go there anymore

Yes, our main server had a snafu last night during an upgrade to the OS.

I confused this with a recent upgrade to the vBulletin software.

Still, my gut feeling is that a hosted bulletin board is more reliable. Host.ie which hosts the home page of AAM has had a few problems, but ezBoard was down for only one day as far as I can remember.

Maybe the solution is vBulletin, with ezBoard as a backup for when Host.ie is offline.

Brendan

The one thing I'd be concerned with the move is losing all of the back-posts. I suppose most of the important info will be maintained by the sticky's/key posts but we'll be losing a lot of info if the archives won't be carried over.

Re: losing all of the back-posts?

Ehrm... not being 'negative' or anything, but the sheer uselessness of the ezboard search facility kind of amounts to the same thing!

As a test, I did a Google advanced search on a slightly idiosyncratic 'exact phrase' that I'd used recently on AAM, and got nothing except 'The post you selected no longer exists. It may have been recently deleted.'

Same search led me to a post on Boards that happened to contain the same phrase, three years ago. And still retrievable... :\

Boards.ie still kaput?

Is boards.ie still out? I cant seem to get them 4:15 Monday 24th January.

ajapale

Re: Boards.ie still kaput?

Its definitely gone. I got redirected to Boards.us where the situation is being discussed.
ajapale

Yeah - it's gone now but it worked fine earlier when I posted above and I definitely didn't access a local or proxy server cached version.

current status...

The Week From Hell

Just to fill you in the current status: sometime on Monday we started having problems with our vBulletin database (currently over 2 GB in size) where the server process kept dying. After a few attempts to restart this, ecksor ran a repair and managed to get things running on Monday night. This was okay until Tuesday afternoon when the database returned to its bad behaviour. Again, regi tried a database repair, which didn't solve the problem. He then started an advanced database repair which is still underway (due to the huge size of the database).

This has been a bad week for boards.ie; it was just at the end of last week that we had to replace our web server hardware after it "fell over". The administrators offer their apologies, and we assure you that we are doing our utmost to get a reliable forum up and running again.

Thanks for your continued support and patience

we started having problems with our vBulletin database

Hmmm... maybe there is something in this after all in the context of evaluating vBB for an AAM "upgrade"? :|

I don't think so- it is/was a hardware/database issue rather than software.

Re: .

OK - I just wondered if the problem (corruption of the database) was due to vBB itself. In any case, it would be worth checking the backup and restore capabilities provided by vBB when evaluating it for AAM use.

Re: .need help to get posting back on boards.ie

for some reason I cannot post in boards anymore. I am logged in ok but when i try to post I get an error message::

littlegubby, you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

Your user account may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

How do i fix please

Anyone know when boards.ie might be back up? Got a great answer to a technical question yesterday and I need it now!

Back