Board Gais Huge Electricity Bill

well if you dont have gas and are using electric heaters and also underpaid due to estimates, then it could be right.. my gas and electricity have come to 300 euro for 2months (just got the bills in over the past few days and they are exact, not estimates)..

My ESB bill is circa €100 every two months for a 5 bedroom house. We cook on gas and our central heating is on gas. So this €100 is basically for TV's, computers, lights, immersion.

Hi
Work out the cost yourself

Take the meter reading as it stands at the moment.
Less: The number of units on your last ESB bill
e.g. 15,000 - 14,000 = 1000

Multiply by the unit charge (e.g. €0.15 x 1000 = €150)

There will also be a standing charge of say €15, and then add vat of 13% or so.
All in all, that example will come to around €185.

I have moved to bord gais electricity.We are a family of 5(two of them are teenagers).There are showers every evening,emersion on,tvs, laptop.I am at home all day.My current bill is 200 euros.The last one was 230 but that was during the really cold snowy spell.It seem that you are paying the balance of your estimated bills with the esb or have a problem

net64

I remember when we moved into our house a family had been living in it previously, we kept getting estimated ESB bills, didn't think much of it and kept paying them (no comments please :eek:) - anyway, eventually we sent in a reading and the next bill came out with them owing us money so the next few bimonthly bills were in credit!!

We switched to BGE for electricity around Feb this year and when we got the first bill with BGE it was estimated, so I rang in our MRPN to get it updated. With ESB they used to send out a new bill with the correct amount on it. I waited a few weeks never got another bill so rang up and was told BGE dont' do this - you live and learn. So I paid it over the phone.

I would also say your bills have been estimated for a long time and that is why the bill is now so big...

M

Back