Blackberry V Iphone for business use

Will be if you don't get it set up properly like your iphone.

Theres lots of different BB and iPhones so it really depends on which one you are talking about. The iPhone 3GS has far better SQ for music than a BB and browsing the web is far better. The touch screen keyboard on the iPhone is suprisingly good, but I still prefer buttons like on my Nokia E71. The Apple has loads of 3rd party apps, but a lot of them do not synch or can't be backed up. Dunno about BB never had one.

I have the old iphone 2G and the big drawback for me is that I can't always get access to the internet despite having a dataplan. If I want to use the internet I have to be connected to wifi.
The other thing is trying to send work e-mails, I can receive them but for some reason cant send them. I also dont have access to my inbox so it only gives me unread messages, once I get back to my laptop and read the emails on my laptop they're gone from my iphone. Is this the same with a blackberry?

Is the iPhone on the original network? I remember having an issue with a Vodafone sim on my first one as it was originally on O2. The email part is a configuration issue by the sounds of it, this will be the same no matter what the device is but Blackberry uses a slightly different way of connecting to the mail server so may get over the issue in its own setup.

once I get back to my laptop and read the emails on my laptop they're gone from my iphone. Is this the same with a blackberry?

No you can set up your BB to reconcile your email accounts. So when you read a mail on the BB it shows are read on your Outlook, webmail etc and vice versa.

You can delete a mail on the BB and have the option of deleting it off the web server wirelessly from the handset.

I think all phones/email accounts can do that if set up properly, including the iPhone.

I use the Motorola Droid (Milestone in Europe)for business and daily use in the US, it's comparable to the iphone, but it also has a full real keyboard and touch keyboard. runs android, has apps, great for e-mail, excellent music, video, Googls Maps GPS (very cool with satellite imagery), fast WiFi, replaceable battery, 5M Camera, DVD quality Video posts straight to Youtube etc. etc.

I use a Blackberry in Europe as it has a SIM card. my Droid is CDMA and has no SIM. Blackberry and iPhone are not your only two choices. Before the droid, I had a BB world edition, great little phone, but not missing it now.

My Cousin is an IT manager, and recently bought 20 Droids/Milestones for business use. He was an iPhone fan until he got his hands on my droid :)

Sunday Business Post ran an article on all smart phones on 7 March 2010. See attached link
[broken link removed]

Iphones now have an application to work with email applications such as Outlook.

Is the iPhone on the original network? I remember having an issue with a Vodafone sim on my first one as it was originally on O2. The email part is a configuration issue by the sounds of it, this will be the same no matter what the device is but Blackberry uses a slightly different way of connecting to the mail server so may get over the issue in its own setup.

It's on Meteor. Should I contact the hosting provider to get it configured properly?

It's on Meteor. Should I contact the hosting provider to get it configured properly?

Was it a network locked device originally? I'd restore the device completely and make sure the first sim that you put in is the Meteor one - that should make the data.meteor.ie the apn and use it as default when the device is out of wifi.
Be careful if it was originally locked as you will have to run the unlock program again prior to putting the Meteor sim in for the first time.

Battery life on iphone is pretty awful. I'm on the road all day and never bothered with an incar charger for my little tocco. I bought the tocco for its 5MP camera. The iphone camera is apalling by comparison. Touch screen is charming, texting is responsive. However, in order to maintain battery life I have turned off 3G, WiFi, Fetch, Email and location services. I love Maps but until I get a car charger, I have to turn it on, get my position and directions and turn off Location Services again to save battery.
Love the iphone, just wish I could actually use all its facilities!

Back