Black cars - The new silver.

redo

Ever notice the amount of black 06 cars/4x4 on the road recently? Over the last couple of years (from 00 basically), silver was the colour to been seen in. All the car manufacturers would advertise their new models in silver with black tinted windows. Now, black is the new silver. These people, not wanting to be one of the crowd exercise the individuality by going black. Anyone pre 05 was a leader. 05 purchasers were concious of the silver explosion and wanted to slightly different, but not too different. 06 black purchasers are looking a bit sheepish now. Just take a look if anyone is on the M50 or watching TV (Rexton Ad, commands the road, do ye?)

A list of sterotypical BLACK cars on the road today.
06 Passat - Sales rep who had a choice of colour.

05/06 Rexton with tinted windows - Used to watch Dynasty with wife. Has 2 kids.

05/06 Opel Vectra - Power and Control. Likes football, may have receeding hairline. 3 kids.

04/05/06 BMW X5 - Self concious with low self asteem and few real friends (perhaps one called Colin)

06 Isuzu Cobra - Limited edition. Works in the construction industry and is NOT gay, just inbetween girlfriends.

05/06 Range Rover - released some equity on his property in west Dublin. Has some flying lessons under his belt. Can't say if he is a member of the SAS. Top secret.

Please add more.

redo said:
Ever notice the amount of black 06 cars/4x4 on the road recently? Please add more.

I drive a moped its soooooooo muck quicker than any of the yuppie jeeps currently on the road - castleknock to harcourt street in 20 minutes in morning traffic beat that?

my bike is navy blue btw

before silver it was racing green, before that it was.........black?? Ah fashion.
(bicycle. burgundy.)

I'm sure that eventually bluey/greeny/minty will be the new black and then the tables will be turned on all those who sneered at my lovely car!

I had a black car before my current silver one. If you like spending all your time washing your car - buy black.

redo said:
A list of sterotypical BLACK cars on the road today.
06 Passat - Sales rep who had a choice of colour.

05/06 Rexton with tinted windows - Used to watch Dynasty with wife. Has 2 kids.

05/06 Opel Vectra - Power and Control. Likes football, may have receeding hairline. 3 kids.

04/05/06 BMW X5 - Self concious with low self asteem and few real friends (perhaps one called Colin)

06 Isuzu Cobra - Limited edition. Works in the construction industry and is NOT gay, just inbetween girlfriends.

05/06 Range Rover - released some equity on his property in west Dublin. Has some flying lessons under his belt. Can't say if he is a member of the SAS. Top secret.

Please add more.

98 Peugeot 206-Lexus lights, modified-skanger

96/97/98 Honda Civic with all the trimmings. Thin skanger. Wears a baseball cap while driving (even at night), delivers Pizza, may be a drug dealer. :)

Purple said:
96/97/98 Honda Civic with all the trimmings. Thin skanger. Wears a baseball cap while driving (even at night), delivers Pizza, may be a drug dealer. :)

ahh you'd be referring to then

Did anyone see George Lee driving his 05 Opel vectra last night. And did they spot a receeding hair line?

CCOVICH said:
Skangers here in the official capital-"chavs" is sooooo English.
Skanger is the phrase of choice in the Republic of Ireland as well as the Republic of Cork. I agree that "Chav" is an English word that describes a particular type of English scumbag.

Purple said:
Skanger is the phrase of choice in the Republic of Ireland as well as the Republic of Cork. I agree that "Chav" is an English word that describes a particular type of English scumbag.

nice to know that as I likewise hate that term & did not know what skanger was (jeez I'm really with it aren't I :rolleyes: )....... is skanger somehow associated with langer?

I heard that “Langer” originates with the British Crown Forces in India. Cork people were especially fond of taking the Queens schilling and so many of them ended up out there. There is a local monkey colloquially called a Langer which was mischievous and caused trouble. If it was aggressive, wore a tracksuit, a baseball cap and gold chains all the time and thought spitting on the ground was good etiquette then it would also be a skanger.

Purple said:
Wears a baseball cap while driving (even at night), delivers Pizza
I managed to persuade my 22-year-old brother in law that wearing a baseball cap while driving was one of the new penalty point offences.

RainyDay said:
I managed to persuade my 22-year-old brother in law that wearing a baseball cap while driving was one of the new penalty point offences.
Brilliant!

ninsaga said:

Located in The Real Capital=Langer

ninsaga said:
is skanger somehow associated with langer?

But no harm in being a langer, not as bad as skanger.

(All said in jest, if any offence caused please alert via PM and I will remove)

Back