Bit of Firady tiriva......

ClubMan

Aoccdrnig to a rscheearch at an Elingsh uinervtisy, it deosn't mttaer in waht oredr the ltteers in a wrod are, the olny iprmoetnt tihng is taht frist and lsat ltteer is at the rghit pclae. The rset can be a toatl mses and you can sitll raed it wouthit porbelm. Tihs is bcuseae we do not raed ervey lteter by itslef but the wrod as a wlohe.

But surely this would make a lot more work for the robot as quoted here: :lol

"ClubMan
An experimental robot exclusive to Askaboutmoney developed jointly by Google and the Artificial Intelligence department of DCU. It scans for unanswered posts and provides human like answers to them. Where it is unable to formulate an answer, it provides a link – usually to Oasis. Has unique proprietary technology which allows it to correct links and reformat badly formatted posts.
Two devices are used to simulate human behaviour:
It can be set to answer in “friendly/female/discursive” mode or “curt/male/efficient” mode.
It has been given a fictitious interest in a little known inner city football club, Bohemians.
The two devices are linked so that it responds in male style after a poor performance by Bohemians and a female style after a good performance. This explains why the female side rarely appears. This also explains why some contributors tell it to “get in touch with its female side”. It takes offence at these suggestions, not realising that they are only wishing its preferred team well.

From time to time, it has to be withdrawn from service for upgrades. The simulation of human behaviour has been so extraordinarily successful, that while it is withdrawn, other contributors pine for it. Even more extraordinary is the fact that it seems to pine for Askaboutmoney and sometimes spontaneously restores itself before the scheduled maintenance is complete"

Cumlban

Do you hvae a lnik or renerfece to tihs rescaerh?

Nogser

Sorry - Bohs only drew at the weekend so I can't cope with that question one way or another... :|

Sorry - Bohs only drew at the weekend so I can't cope with that question one way or another...
:rollin My better half says they did very well by scoring in the 90th minute so surely that was good ??????????

Nogser,

I got this in my e-mail so you will see Cranfield University are the people who did the research:
"*The paomnnehil pweor of the hmuan mnid.

Aoccdrnig to rscheearch at Cmabrigde Uinervtisy, it deosn't mttaer *in waht oredr the ltteers in a wrod are, the olny iprmoetnt tihng is taht the frist and lsat ltteer be at the rghit pclae. The rset can be a total mses and you can sitll raed it wouthit porbelm. Tihs is bcuseae the huamn mnid deos not raed ervey lteter by istlef, but the wrod as a wlohe. *Amzanig huh? "

Sueellen - thanks for that. I had a quick search and can't find the original research. It the same sort of theory that speed readers looking at bigger and bigger chunks of wrds and letting the brain sort the information.

Nogser

Back