Billfaster

cinders55

Has anyone come across or used the services of Billfaster.com? They seem to offer an online basic invoicing/cash control system for small and start up businesses who might not want to invest in a full accounting package. I did a search here before posting the question but didn't find anything. Their website offers contact details for the USA and an office in Dublin. Seems fine for sole traders without office or book-keeping backup but wondered what you thought. Any observations you may have would be appreciated.

I have looked at the service and it looks good but is very basic. You cannot enter an opening balance for a bank a/c and therefore it is difficult to get your overall cash position unless you are a completely new start up. The concept is great and I think they will continue to develop the system over time but some parts you will have to pay for in future.
I set up an a/c in about 2 mins so that was great.
With Cloud Computing the concern is always going to be security of information. Is it possible the company could go bust and leave you with no access to your information. That said if you print out some information on a regular basis you should be alright.

It looks ideal for small sole trader/small company start ups.

Thanks FioBi for your observations, very helpful. Don't think they're really for us as our current set up is already more comprehensive than that. Probably helpful for the absolute beginner though.

Back