Bike insurance

Mick O Reilly

I've recently decided to come back to bikes haven't ridden in about 10yrs and left my licence lapse so will have to start back with an unrestricted A learner permit I'm looking at either a hayabusa or zzr1100 and was wondering if anyone on here would be able to give me a rough guess at how much the insurance will cost.....I'm 45 by the way and before anyone asks why start back on a hypersport my last bike before I stopped riding was a zzr1100 and I was riding bikes for nearly 20 yrs before I stopped thanks in advance for any help :)

As a learner, even a "back to biking" learner, you might find it difficult to get insurance on the 1100cc.
There are only a small number of companies who insure bikes - Liberty, AXA, Carole Nash, Principal, Adelaide and MCE. Not all insurers will accept learners.
Liberty have an online quote service, which would give you an idea of the cost.
Liberty and AXA will allow discounts if you've had a rider assessment - ask your IBT instructor about getting the assessment.

Going to do the ibt module that allows me back on the unrestricted A licence and was assured by instructor once I pass this shouldn't be any problem what I choose to drive I'm just trying to gauge what kind of cost will be involved insurance wise

Mick, they won't insure you on what you want. Buy a 600, do your test, get a years no claims and then go mad. There is a few specific irish biker forums that might have more info for you.

I don't want to be a smart This post will be deleted if not edited to remove bad language but as Gerard123 said you really do need to pick up the phone and call some of the insurers. End of the day it is up to them not peoples opinions on the internet!

Back