Better Advantage

machalla

My health insurance renewal is up on the 12th Jan 2016. I've been looking about to see whether to renew the current plan (Glohealth Better Advantage) or to look for something with better value. Glohealth tried to tell me their better active plan is the same plan but cheaper than Better Advantage but I'm not convinced of based on a quick comparison of the policy details from hia.ie.

I'm indifferent as to which insurer to go with, at the moment I am considering Laya Simply Connect Plus as a possible option.

Ideally I'd like cover that would give me cover in a high tech hospital if possible (Mater Private being the closest to me). I noticed the advice from SnowyB on this thread which I found useful.
I do have a life/illness insurance policy in place to cover some of the cost of any days spent as in-patient.

Any additional advice would be welcome on possible choices.

machalla,

Better Active Plan is identical, with lower inpatient excess 75, to Better Advantage, at a cheaper price.
[broken link removed]

Alternative options, including extras if needed with Glohealth, as follows; similar in price to current plan;
1. Nurture Star; price 1200pa; same cover as before, only extra - just 2 x 50 inpatient excess for private/hi-tech admissions per year.
2. Better Smart; price 1210pa; same cover as before, only extra is better outpatient day to day cover if required.
[broken link removed]

Otherwise Better Active is a good option.

Laya Alternatives
1. Simplicity Plan; price 1044; same hospital cover as before + private room in a private hospital covered, max inpatient excess 100 x 2 per year, outpatient cover excess 100. No 2000 co-payment for orthopaedic surgery in private/hi-tech hospitals.

2. Simply Connect Plus; price 1099; same hospital cover, max inpatient excess 150 x 1 per year, outpatient cover excess 1 euro, max refund 500 pa. No 2000 co-payment for orthopaedic surgery in private/hi-tech hospitals.
[broken link removed]

Snowyb

Last edited:
Back