Best Weedkiller

Tried Roundup and no results. Got the concentrate. Cost me 30 euro for 500 ml!. Loaded it into a backpack sprayer as per instructions. Have given them 2 goes now and they havnt even wilted. Am digging them up today! Will try homemade next time

Give it time. The roundup needs to get from the leaves your sprayed into the roots, it then attacks the roots and eventually the plant dies. Might take a week to see results.

Time is a great killer.

I bought Roundup once and yes it's very good....but it's made by Monsanto and as such I will never buy it again.
Google it, it's pretty scary stuff what they get up to (and get away with!).

+1 teatime, it can take up to two weeks. Also, for any of these weedkillers go to your local mart / farmers co-op or local hardware store, not the big chains, I got 5l roundup for 53 so I'm afraid 30 eur for 500ml is beyond extortion, same will go for the others, Gallup etc. get them in the mart

Here is a solution to your problem and it works. Collect as much used cigarette butts as your local pubs will give you. Place them in a bucket of water. Ensure children and people you like have no access to the bucket of water + butts.

After 3 days, pour contents of bucket on patio. Spread with a yard brush. Nothing will ever grow there again. Dont forget to place a hankerchief around your nose and mouth while spreading the solution.

Will weedkillers work in Winter for weeds on concrete and tarmac?

I've used Roundup in the Winter - Jan-Feb period. It works best when weeds are actively growing in warmer weather. But it did work for me on grass - just took a couple of weeks longer to take effect e.g. 3 to 4 weeks instead of 1 to 2 weeks.

Found this:

• 1 litre of white vinegar.

• 60 grammes of table salt.

• 1 squirt of washing up liquid

[broken link removed]

Will defo give it a shot on my gravel. Thanks all - useful thread.

Has anyone had good results with these home-made weedkillers?

Has anyone had good results with these home-made weedkillers?

I tried it about two weeks ago and to be honest I havnt checked properly to see if it has worked. I have noticed some weeds growing again, but the large ones appear to be gone for now. Must look later when I'm home. It might also need a second attack of vinegar and salt to totally kill them.

Just to add that I used to use boiling water for weeds in the pavements cracks and it always worked really well. Water that you have boiled something starchy in, like potatoes, is supposed to be particularly good. Have no comparison for that though since I always just used to use cooking water and don't think I ever just used plain old boiling water from the kettle.

Sigh. Reading threads like this makes me long for the day when I'll be able to move somewhere with a bit of outside space again.

I used to mix Simazine with Roundup, because Roundup kills and Simazine prevents further weeds. Don't forget that Roundup is not just a weed killer it kills the roots after a couple of weeks, where as some just burn the surface.

Just to add that I used to use boiling water for weeds in the pavements cracks and it always worked really well. Water that you have boiled something starchy in, like potatoes, is supposed to be particularly good. Have no comparison for that though since I always just used to use cooking water and don't think I ever just used plain old boiling water from the kettle.

Sigh. Reading threads like this makes me long for the day when I'll be able to move somewhere with a bit of outside space again.

Alot of weeds starting to come through my patio as well very annoying might try the boiling water.

Back