Best way to travel from Bride Street to Tallaght (Old Bawn)

johnnybegood

Hi, i am due to start a new job in October and have been going over and over this.

Bride Street is in Dublin 8. My options are:

(1) get luas in morning to four courts and walk up to work. then bus home in evening (77 etc go by the building) But then i am in traffic

(2) get luas in morning to four courts and walk up to work. Get luas home from four courts (but might not get on its very packed normally at that stop)

(3) get luas in morning to four courts and walk up to work. Get luas home from Heuston. but its quite a walk to heuston.

(4) get bus in morning and evening

(5) Drive to work but there is no parking. therefore either find free parking near bride street (ANYBODY KNOW SOMEWHERE :D ) or rent a space for approximately €100 per month.

Anybody have any thoughts :confused:

buy a moped (1k will get you a great one)
insurance ~ 1k - less depending on your age etc.
gear etc - 350
and time to work approx 20 minutes - i do swords to blackrock in 35 minutes on a motorbike.

course it all depends on your situation (2 cars, do you need car etc)

Why not get the 77A. It runs from down the Old Bawn road, straight by Bride Street on its way to town. Why go Heuston Station and the four Courts?
[broken link removed]

Actually do you mean Bridge Street?

This is wrong, but I used to do it. Drive to Crumlin shopping Centre and park around the back, then hop on 77.

This is wrong, but I used to do it. Drive to Crumlin shopping Centre and park around the back, then hop on 77.
Youre not the only one. ah crumlin shopping centre, closest thing to a free park and ride as youre gonna get.

Youre not the only one. ah crumlin shopping centre, closest thing to a free park and ride as youre gonna get.

Yep, done it too. Careful though not to leave anything on view in the car, there's little gurriers around that know people do this and I've seen windows smashed, presumeably robbing radios and the like.

Actually do you mean Bridge Street?

Marie is right. If you mean Bridge St. it is not too much of a walk to the Luas and its the best option. Would recommend the stop in James Hospital tho rather than walk down the hill.

If you mean Bride St. then its definitely the bus despite the Greenhills Rd. being a pain.

Back