Best way to transfer money abroad

Dee101

Hi guys,

I have to transfer money from my account here (under €100) to an account in Croatia to secure private accomodation for a holiday. Does anyone have any idea how much this would cost? I have a feeling it will be expensive so is there an easier way to do it?.

Not sure if they will take a credit card in the normal way like hotels but would also be wary of giving credit card details over the net no matter how trustworthy the people seem!.

I paid 75c to transfer money internationally recently...by going into the bank and filling out the forms.

On the other hand the last time I did it for a deposit on a holiday rental ...I did it online and it cost about €12 so directly in bank for sure.

You'll need their bank account number, IBAN and Swift numbers....these are internationally recognised codes.

You could do a bank transfer to the recievers bank account. You'd need their IBAN and SWIFT codes but its very safe, secure, and costs very little.

Paypal would be another option. Buy a 3V or cheque too.

Oh right, had it in my head it would cost a good bit to do a foreign transfer. Have the IBAN number etc so will do go ahead and do it that way. That's great guys, thanks for that.

Cheers

D

Can I get advice on this also. I need to send $800 to my sister in the USA and am wondering how to do it that it will not cost me much. What is 3V.? I was going to post her travellers cheques or try an international transfer which would be cheaper.

If you can't do it by Bank/Credit Card try Western Union Money Transfer ?

If she has a bank account in Ireland & has her ATM card with her in the U.S just lodge the 800 or the euro amount to her account & she can withdraw via the ATM

Back