Best way to get rid of Ivy

I know I'm pretty naive, but where is Gordon's post going?
The title of the post refers to “Ivy” rather than “ivy”.

There’s an Ivy restaurant in Dublin that divides opinion, mainly due to some controversy around how they distribute tips and service charges.

This thread is active for 3 months and since we have bought some bottles of concentrate weed killer from Aldi and watered down some of the concentrate in an old spray plastic bottle which we use for any ivy that'll show its leaves and other emerging weeds. There has been a lot of growth in the past six weeks. I'm glad to say that now we have no weeds or ivy. We've redesigned our garden for minimal future care and cost. We have no flower beds, and all trees and ground shrubs save for one small tree have been dug out using a pickaxe, garden fork, spade, crow-bar and a bow saw. It was backbreaking, but worth it. All our flowers are now in pots and more movable and manageable and more fun. The trees in neighbouring gardens are being used as a back-drop for ours and we don't have to maintain them. Now for an hour in the local swimming pool, sauna and jacuzzi, just in memory of the hard work. Somebody mentioned bees earlier and I'm glad to say the nectar supply to them has not been compromised. And still we have finches and robins visiting. In fact, the garden has become my favourite spot.

Last edited:
Back