Best place to buy paint in Dublin and are you better off sticking to the main brand?

Re: Best place to buy paint in Dublin and are you better off sticking to the main bra

Just bought some Colortrend last week - 3L Soft Sheen finish came in at €36.95. Have painted all my hall/stairs and landing (1 coat).

I find it first class paint, haven't used anything else in my house in 16 years; it goes on easily, dries very quickly can be used for woodwork also (I paint the skirting boards the same as the wall).

Edit to add: you can also paint the radiators with the same paint, again I paint them the same colour as the wall, I find they don't stand out so much then. Also re colours, the light can make a huge difference - I have the same colour in a south-facing bedroom that I've used for the Hall/stairs/landing and I've had visitors swear blind they are different colours.

It scrubs clean and lasts really well; brushes and equipment can all be cleaned out with warm water and a bit of washing up liquid.

And if you are feeling really brave, you can wash your paint brushes in the washing machine (put them in an old pillowcase).

You'll have no difficulty in getting the exact colour you want - the Celbridge factory shop is very good, even if its a bit of a drive for you, the staff are very knowledgeable and helpful.

Re: Best place to buy paint in Dublin and are you better off sticking to the main bra

Been busy decorating all week. My painter is newly arrived back from UK and hadn't used Colortrend before. He reckons it's great, goes on really easily, fewer coats needed than normal, dries really quickly etc. I think he's converted.

I know it's a bit more expensive, but i had 20% off vouchers from Albany, so probably saved money in the end.

Just 1 colour that was completely wrong - DeVine Ginseng - avoid like the plague, looks nothing like the sample sheet. Every other colour was spot on.

Back