Best place for eye test & glasses

Status
Not open for further replies.
P

Positivity

Hi

In need for new eye test/glasses. Wasnt very impressed with specsavers. Found the test a bit of a rush. Could people share their positive experiences with a good provider.. Good value/preferably Dublin

Thank you

I went to specsavers, once.

For the last five odd years I have used Vize opticians

I dont know if they are "good value" as I have never felt the need to shop around

Their knowledge and experience would seem to be way above that of the average optician. ( the second last time that I was with them they alerted me to a non eye medical issue that I had previously tried ( and failed ) to get my GP interested in diagnosing ! )

Also, they seem to delight in keeping their equipment up to date

Olddog

P.S. To twist OPs question a little I'm tempted to start a thread :

"In need of a GP. Wasnt very impressed with my present one. Found him in a bit of a rush and not interested. Could people share their positive experiences with a good provider.. Good value/preferably Dublin and up to speed on coeliac disease" :)

You can go into DIT in Kevin Street , they are always looking for volunteers for eye tests for their students.

I bring my kids to Thomas Carroll in Dundrum.

An eye test is €35 (This was what I paid for each of the kids, dont know if adults are different) and this is great value, given the service we got. A lot of time spent on the test, and the optician was very informative, explaining to me and the kids what was happening during the tests that she ran and explaining the results.

The glasses are not cheap, but glasses aren't cheap.

They are very good about helping you pick frames and no problem about saying up front that you have a budget and ask for the cheaper frames only.

The value that a place like this offers, is the after sales service is top class.

If you need your glasses adjusted at all time you can drop in and have it done for free on the spot.
They have a full repair service which is very fast if you are stuck.

Like the OP, my experience of specsavers was poor. The glasses might have been cheaper at the time, but not in the long run.

I really liked Vision Express when I was wearing glasses, I like the eye test and customer service. When wearing contacts it was cheaper to buy online. But since going to Optilase I haven't looked back, best money I ever spent.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back