Best free dvd burning software

G2007

I have burn4Free but it does not seem to allow you to drag and drop large files to burn onto dvd. Only CD Rom @ 700mb.
Any suggestions as to drag and drop free programmes.
Cheers

Well I usually use Nero so not too sure on free ones. This one came recommended on [broken link removed] which is a prity decent site.

Deepburner

Any further suggestions on this? I tried the CDBurnerXP, and the output DVD doesn't seem to play for me. I used a trial version of Nero in the past, but I don't see any trial available now.

I just want something that will take a set of video clips (mpg format) and burn them to a DVD, ideally with a chapter menu.

For conversions, I find DVD Flick pretty straightforward. It's slow (particularly if you use the higher quality, 'double-pass' setting), but it does a good job and can handle a wide range of video formats — avi, mpg, mp4, mkv, etc. — even combining them in the same job.

For conversions, I find DVD Flick pretty straightforward. It's slow (particularly if you use the higher quality, 'double-pass' setting), but it does a good job and can handle a wide range of video formats — avi, mpg, mp4, mkv, etc. — even combining them in the same job.
Thanks for the suggestion - but my problem is with the burning, not the converting (unless I'm missing something?).

I just want something that will take a set of video clips (mpg format) and burn them to a DVD, ideally with a chapter menu.
I wasn't sure here what kind of MPEG you meant — MPEG-2 is the DVD standard and needs no conversion, but there are many other '.mpg' files that won't play on an average standalone DVD player. DVD Flick will handle them all.

If you're sure you don't need to convert the files, then [broken link removed] is quicker (but I don't think it allows you to create menus).

Thanks for the suggestion - but my problem is with the burning, not the converting (unless I'm missing something?).

Yes. XPCDburner or Nero, just burns the data onto DVD. (if you ignore the shedload of extras bundled with nero these days).

You need to convert your movies into the correct format before making a DVD. In effect its not DVD burning software you need, but DVD authoring software. I don't use any so can't recomend any sorry.

Thanks for all the suggestions. I downloaded http://www.dvdflick.net, and this seemed to do the business. It seemed to come bundled with imgburn that did the actual burning. The menu that I configured didn't really come through, but at least the bloody thing plays!

Back