Best food for a German Shepherd

nediaaa

Hi, Any recommendations for a good food for a sickly German shepherd. i have been getting conflicting advice from 2 different vets

I feed my approx four year old smutt (King Charles/Yorkie cross) Royal Canin King Charles mix.

He's thriving on it. In the three years I've had him, I've never known him to have so much as a mild tummy upset (at either end!). Now that could be because I suspect he has a digestive system of asbestos, but good feeding can't hurt either, I suppose.

Royal Canin does a GS mix, too.

http://www.royalcanin.co.uk/my_pet/dog_products/breed_health_nutrition/german_shepherd_adult.aspx

Hope this helps. It does appear to be expensive, but I find you feed less of it. You'll also find you'll get less at the other end, too. They seem to digest it well. Pretty important if as I suspect your pooch has a delicate tum.

Please keep us informed. I'd love to know how the pooch is doing. I LOVE GSs, but they're a bit big for me to handle.

Regards.

Darth.

I have 2 GSDs and both have had problems with vomiting and diarrhoea. Tried just about every type of food (wet and dry), including RC. Found the best thing was Red Mills Workers, one of the least expensive but both the girls are thriving on it after 4 years.

Back