Best Exterior Paint

CA Girl

It is time to paint the house. It is pebble dash if that matters. What is the best paint to use? The only paint I have seen that gives any guarantee in years is Johnstone's 10 year exterior masonry Weather Guard paint. Thanks in advance.

Make sure you prepare the surfaces correctly first or you can forget about it lasting 10 years for a start. The best paint in my opinion is 'Sandtex', it is used on lighthouses. It has a 15 year guarantee, look at this link http://www.sandtex.ie/planning/masonry.html Another bonus is its not as dear as your other 'popular' duluxes etc...

Thanks so much for the info. I know prep is important but if a paint is used on lighthouses then it should last in the midlands !

Hi CA Girl,

I know Sandtex is a goos exterior paint but the best Exterior paint in my opinion is Colortrend Weatherproof. Its more expensive than Sandtex and Dulux Weathershield but to be fair you get years longer between painting using the Colortrend. Remember too, prep is so inportant to provide a long lasting result.

Happy Painting :)

Thanks...I have used Colortrend inside and on the wood trim outside but just wasn't aware of any guarantee or how long it would last. I not only have a large 2 story farm house but 5 outbuildings too and sure do not want to paint every 2-4 years.

Hi,
I'm just curious as to what preparation exactly is necessary as regards a pebble dash wall? My parents need to paint their house which is pebble dash. Thanks

imho best way to paint a pebble dash wall is with a sprayer I think Couourtrend cannot be sprayed If you have so much to do it would be worth hireing a sprayer it would save you heaps of time

Back