Best buy deposits Sterling

irishfinanceguy

I currently have sterling and maxed out my golightyear 20k guarantee. I don't want to transfer my other sterling until I get a good euro to sterling conversion.

I have looked into other places I can save sterling and get good interest rates similar to lightyear but all require you to be UK resident.

Anyone know anywhere I can get decent deposit saving rates for sterling open to non uk residents?

This seems to allow https://wise.com/gb/interest/ 4.54% is this legit? Why is only the wise cashback listed in the main thread regarding the deposit options?

Last edited:
Providers that offer GBP accounts:
- Wise.com via "cashback" product.
- Trading212.
- Lightyear.
- Interactive Brokers.
- Revolut
- AIB
- BoI
- PTSB
- Apparently some Northern Ireland banks accept RoI address.

- Trading212.
- Lightyear.
- Interactive Brokers.
- Revolut
- AIB
- BoI
- PTSB
Thank you! Just looking at the options they all don’t look great lol barely worth the hassle, pity lightyear is just the 20k

- Trading212.
- Lightyear.
- Interactive Brokers.
- Revolut
- AIB
- BoI
- PTSB
Perhaps interactive brokers is the best bet

Bit risky no? Ill consider switching sterling to euro when theres a reasonable conversion
it would be a little more risky yes. but depends on how much more you are putting in.

switching to sterling would pay higher interest, but Interest rate parity theory would say that GBP should get weaker over time, so net you are back to roughly the same position at the end of the day.

Hi can you transfer from your revolut sterling to lighyear sterling? (asking for my daughter).

Back