Best Business Names

There's a Chinese takeaway on North King Street called Wong Kee which I always found amusing.

There was a law firm (in Sligo I think - possibly still there for all I know) which rejoiced in the name of Argue & Phibbs.

I like the (wholly fictitious) name for an American law firm - Dewey Gippem & Howe, also rendered as Dewey Cheetem...

The hippy herb place in the Simpsons called Karmaceutical, also the sports shop, Sportacus.

the bookies in templeogue village called 'dead cert' that was next door to a funeral home and the pub known as the morgue, sadly it's a ladbrokes or paddy powers now

There's one in Bray called Soon Fatt

Blast I was about to do that one!

Across the road from Dundrum Mental Asylum (with its big high walls) the chinese takeaway used to call itself 'The Great Wall'.

A scaffolding co in the UK called 'a bit on the side'
Cracked me up when I saw it

Chinese Takeaway in Waterford... Wok Right In..
Also in Waterford (but sadly is no longer) - the Golden Rod. Used to elicit sniggers from those of us with puerile minds.

One that always cracks me up when I see their vans is this crowd:
[broken link removed]

Again the reason I find it funny is down to that puerile mind of mine.
and a final third for childish amusement - scaffolding company listing

My Dad worked in BJ's video's and did not understand "the joke".

There is a Soon Fat in Kildare as well. Also "Angela's Rashers" in Ballyfermot.

Am sad to admit, that going back a few years ago, some of us in work used to call Lino Ritchie and say when they answered, we would say, "hello, is it me you are looking for?"

There was a law firm (in Sligo I think - possibly still there for all I know) which rejoiced in the name of Argue & Phibbs.

Yes, they're still in business (what does that tell us?). I remeber a sign a good few years ago m(after Watergate adn I was barely old enough to read ;)): "R. Nixon. Used cars"

There is a rubbish removal firm in London called Eminem and their solgan is "Lets talk rubbish"

Not a business name but there's a disused storage place across the road from my job with an old sign billing the former occupants as "Potatoe importers".

Back