Best Broadband in Lucan?

tomred1

Does any body recommend or not recommend a Broadband provider in Lucan? Thinking of going with NTL.

Last edited:
We're with Imagine. Never had any trouble with them. €9.99 per month for 20 hours broadband and free local and national calls.

Irish broadband supply fast wireless access 19.99 per month un limited in lucan. You may have to pay a once off fee for the access point

was with irish broadband - ripwave wireless. It was very slow. Slower than the analogue modem!!! Its not great. I think it depends how close to their trnasmitter you are. At that time the transmitter was at Kilsaran concrete which was about a mile away from me. Got rid of it and got a 2mb package from BT.It gets very slow particularly between 5 pm and 8 pm. Technical support is dreadful. Spent one Friday evening ringing them- would not even answer. If i thought Eircom was any better i would move back even if they were more expensive but i am not conviced of that either!

heard very bad reports about irish broadband. hard to recomend anyone to be honest I have eircom which is ok but i have had some shocking customer care experiences with them. utv internet are not much better by all accounts

I live in Lucan and have ntl broadband. It was installed within a couple of days of ringing up and we had no problems from the start - the speed was ok.

Then, along with the digital tv, they both stopped working. The tv came back after a couple of days but the broadband was broken for 4 weeks! We were ringing every second day but they could do nothing for us other than book a technician to come out and see us - in 2 weeks! Was really unhappy with their customer service.

The technician came out and stayed 2 minutes, basically said "I've been in about 5 houses in the area today and this is happening in everyone of them. The signal strength isn't great in Lucan but give me a couple of hours and I'll sort it out"! Fair play to him though, I don't know what he did, but everything has worked fine since (bout a month a half) and the broadband is faster.

I wouldn't recommend NTL though. Everything is ok now but I just know another problem is around the corner. I'm with them over 4 months now and I have received no bill! They also told me they would refund me for the broken broadband but I'm not going to hold me breath! Save yourself the hassle mate.

Back